Yu Kitai was a Nintendo game illustrator and field designer. When she joined Nintendo in 2002 she had the surname Kudo, but changed her name after marrying in 2005. She made a lot of the small islands in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and 3 racetracks in Mario Kart: Double Dash. She has since then, joined Nintendo Network Business Department and worked on Swapnote.
Work as a Field Designer
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - 2002 - Tingle Island, Ice Ring Isle, Fire Mountain Island, Fairy Island, Ruto Village.
- Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - 2003 - Mushroom City, Mushroom Bridge, Baby Park.
- Animal Crossing: Wild World
Work as an Illustrator
- Mario Party 7 (2005)
- Yoshi's Island DS (2006)
- Wario: Master of Disguise (2007)
- Mario Party 8 (2007)
- Mario Party DS (2007)
- Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat (2008)
- Mario Super Sluggers (2008)
- Captain★Rainbow (2008)
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010)