Wii Party U is a game in the Wii series for the Wii U. It is the sequel to Wii Party. The game was announced on January 23rd 2013's Nintendo Direct broadcast. Nintendo released the game on October 25, 2013.
These games are mostly boardgames running very similar to Mario Party. The modes include:
- Game Pad Island
- Highway Rollers
- Mii Fashion Plaza
- The Balldozer
- Team Building
These are more involved games that "transform" your living room. They include:
- Button Smashers
- Name that Face
- Lost-and-Found Square
- Sketchy Situation
- Do U Know Mii?
- Water Runners
- Feed Mii
- Dance With Mii
This is a list of all known information related to the game, as seen on the Nintendo Direct it was announced on.
- Woopy, the host of the original Wii Party makes a return.
- Wii Party's "Board Game island" mode makes a return, under the name GamePad Island and Highway Rollers.
- There are now minigames that don't use the TV screen at all,and only use one Wii U GamePad. The 2 shown are based off of Baseball and Foosball (A tabletop version of soccer.
- Mii Characters still appear on screen clapping and cheering if a player does something amazing.
- The "Mii Audience" (When Mii Characters cheer and clap on screen after a certain act is performed) now have complete bodies. While they had no legs and floating hands in the original game, they now have full legs and feet, and now have arms.
- The Host has the same Voice Sound FX from the original game.
- The game originally was scheduled to come out in Summer 2013 but at E3 2013, Nintendo had put the game aside to October 2013.