Waialae Country Club: True Golf Classics is a Nintendo published game for the Nintendo 64 that was released in America and Europe in 1998 (note: the game was not released in Japan). The game took place in Honolulu, Hawaii, at the real life golf course at Waialae Country Club. The game only has 18 holes, though each one is masterfully recreated to create a life-like golfing simulation. Alterations to the course have been made after this game was released, so by today's standards it may not be as faithful of a recreation as it once was (for example, while the course was originally a par 72, it is now a 70).
The game is a golf title, and the first one to be released outside of Japan on the Nintendo 64. The game takes place on the real life course of Waialae Country Club in Hawaii, USA. The game's modes include:
- Waialae Open: The game's primary game mode. No handicaps are allowed, and each player is a professional. The game mode does its best to faithfully recreate the real tournament in Hawaii.
- Tournament: Extremely similar to Waialae Open that doesn't have as many restrictions.
- Match Play: Multiplayer mode. Up to two players can compete. Rules are different from real golf, as the winner is the winner of each hole rather than the stroke total.
- Skins: Multiplayer mode. Up to four players can compete, though at least two are required. Players collect money in this mode, and the winner is the one with the most money in the end.
- Stroke Play: Single and multiplayer mode. Up to four players can compete, though a single-player can also play. Players stats aren't recorded as they are in the Waialae Open. Otherwise the mode is nearly the same.
- Practice: You can practice on anyone of the 18 holes, though only by yourself.
- Hole 1: Par 5, 536 yards
- Hole 2: Par 4, 380 yards
- Hole 3: Par 4, 432 yards
- Hole 4: Par 3, 216 yards
- Hole 5: Par 4, 426 yards
- Hole 6: Par 4, 474 yards
- Hole 7: Par 3, 182 yards
- Hole 8: Par 4, 407 yards
- Hole 9: Par 5, 510 yards
- Hole 10: Par 4, 374 yards
- Hole 11: Par 3, 191 yards
- Hole 12: Par 4, 446 yards
- Hole 13: Par 5, 505 yards
- Hole 14: Par 4, 410 yards
- Hole 15: Par 4, 396 yards
- Hole 16: Par 4, 417 yards
- Hole 17: Par 3, 187 yards
- Hole 18: Par 5, 551 yards
- Waialae Country Club: True Golf Classics at GameFAQs
|Nintendo Sports video games|
|American Football||NES Play Action Football • Play Action Football • Super Play Action Football|
|Baseball||Baseball • Major League Baseball (1994) • Winning Run • Major League Baseball (1998)|
Ken Griffey, Jr.'s Slugfest (Nintendo 64) (GBC)
|Basketball||NCAA Basketball • NBA Courtside • NBA Courtside 2 • NBA Courtside 2002|
|Excite series||Excitebike (-e) • VS. • Mario Battle Stadium • 64 • Truck • Excitebots • World Rally|
|Golf||Golf • Golf (Virtual Boy) • Waialae Country Club: True Golf Classics • Legend of Golfer|
|Hockey||Ice Hockey • NHL Stanley Cup|
|Soccer||Soccer • Super Soccer|
|Winter Sports||Winter Gold • 1080° Snowboarding • 1080° Avalanche|
|Tennis||Tennis • Super Tennis|
|Wave Race series||Wave Race • Wave Race 64 • Wave Race: Blue Storm|
|Wii Sports series||Wii Sports • Wii Sports Resort • Wii Sports Club|
|Other games||Pro Wrestling (Famicom Wrestling Association) • Volleyball|
|Related||Mario Golf • Mario Tennis • Mario Kart • Mario & Sonic • Punch-Out!!|