Talk to me!
BlackLodge 03:28, April 23, 2012 (UTC)
Sure, I could use some help.
What I am trying to do is work on making the protals easier to use and more accesable as well as creating new ones for series that don't already have one.
Re:Dragon Quest Symbol
|Thanks! I will proably do the same thing for a Final Fantasy Symbol too.|
Congratz on becoming an admin
|Congratz on becoming an admin. I have just fixed your username color to that of an admin's.|
Howdy, just read on your page you plan on organizing the images on here and I just want to give you a heads up on what I’ve been doing here in regard to box art/covers.
The format I’ve been using to clean up is to use the full game title as much as possible excluding things like colons, full stops, commas and special characters and keeping in spaces as well as adding the region in a bracket at the end, if the title covers different platforms then that’s added in as a bracket before the region. Most of the images in the categories have been cleaned up so it’s easy to work off of. The only ones that don’t really need a region code would be for the DSiWare and WiiWare and their only issue is if the same game (or one titled the same) appears on the other in which case it’s just a platform code.
I do hope I haven’t made it seem more complicated than it is, if there is any questions just ask.--TheWho87™ 01:31, May 12, 2012 (UTC)
- Not really it’s a bit of a mix up, the only format I tried was with the galleries for games in regard to box art, an example being Pokémon Platinum/gallery, beyond that it’s pretty much anything goes, there should be some kind of formatting though just haven’t got round to it.--TheWho87™ 01:46, May 12, 2012 (UTC)
- When you do the box art renames, can you not make a redirect and fix up the pages with the new filename, it might take longer but it cuts down on the amount of unnecessary redirects. Ignore this if that was what you were going to do anyway I just noticed the redirects.--TheWho87™ 23:02, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Don’t take this bad but I got a couple of issues to bring up with you. Firstly when it comes to games released on multiple formats it’s preferred that the main image used is that of the main console release and preferably North American covers take president unless it wasn’t released there then it’s any English cover then Japanese. Secondly when it comes to the release dates in infoboxes I can’t remember when but there was a bit of a move to stop using the flag system mainly because for North American releases and that they come out in both America and Canada and the American flag doesn’t really express that so the whole NA, EU, JP, AU system was pushed for use. Also on the same subject for future reference try and make sure release dates are in date order. Just brining you up to speed on layouts and such as this place has a whole lot of clean up needed.--TheWho87™ 23:29, May 14, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah the flags were used before and most of the time never got round to being cleaned up, personally I don’t like them but that’s me, guess I’ve been pushed away from them as I used the other system. My view in regards to the console order was to use home console first since most of the time it only came out on one then handhelds and then working from oldest to newest so DS before 3DS, that would also work for the home consoles so for example Twilight Princess would be GameCube, Wii. Also another rule I tend to use is if its released on more than one format I’d breakdown the link for example GameCube, Wii, DS, 3DS but if it was solely released on that format go ahead and use the fill console title. And if you do the WiiWare and DSiWare pages I tend to format them as Wii (WiiWare).--TheWho87™ 00:50, May 15, 2012 (UTC)
- There was a media section on the old templates but that became a bit pointless when it just kept saying “GameCube Media Disc” or “Wii Media Disc”, I don’t think there should be much problem for the moment even with downloadable content that info can be put into the main page.--TheWho87™ 01:14, May 15, 2012 (UTC)
- Couple of minor things, when I’ve been doing the regions I put the colon inside the bold code, that’s a minor thing. Also when listing Wii games don’t use Nintendo Wii just Wii, that’s a bad habit I started and only just noticed I was doing it wrong.Oh and a minor thing, add the stub code at the top of the page, another bad habit of mine.--TheWho87™ 14:58, May 15, 2012 (UTC)
|Hello. I have recently been working on a old feature of the wiki where people write articles as part of a newspaper/magazine. I was wondering if you would want to write an article to introduce yourself to other editors. Would you be interested in doing something like that?|
~Rocketslime_1_1 (Talk | Wall | Contribs) 02:39,6/16/2012
Nintendo Monthly Staff Corner
|I am working on something for Nintendo Monthly where the staff give their opinions on questions and topics.|
For this month's issue the question is "Which is better consoles or handhelds?" can you tell me what is your answer to that question and why so I can put it in Nintendo Monthly?
~Rocketslime_1_1 (Talk | Wall | Contribs) 01:31,6/28/2012
|I thought we were still using them. I understand about the country misrepresentation, but I think that just the initials are also a bit misrepresentitive as some of the initials are quite a bit different than the names so I think we should try to find something new to do. I currently have an idea of what to do. I will try that and get back to you about that when I finish (or don't).|
~Rocketslime_1_1 (Talk | Wall | Contribs) 16:13,7/9/2012
| released = [[File:JP.png|25px|Japan]] '''JP:''' July 28, []<br>[[File:EU.png|25px|Europe]] '''EU:''' August 17, 2012<br>[[File:AU.png|25px|Australia]] '''AU:''' August 18, 2012<br>[[File:NA.png|25px|North America]] '''NA:''' August 19, 2012 | platforms = [[Nintendo 3DS]]
~Rocketslime_1_1 (Talk | Wall | Contribs) 00:21,7/10/2012
Golden Sun Wiki
|The Golden Sun Wiki has expressed interest in becoming our affiliate. I just wanted to check if you and the other admins are ok with the Golden Sun Wiki becoming our affiliate.|
~Rocketslime_1_1 (Talk | Wall | Contribs) 17:24,7/11/2012
I got my own bot that can do tedious tasks around the wiki (replaced all the flag images, except Korea and China all over this wiki). You're welcome. Any requests for what you want me to use my bot for, you can ask me. Conker's Bad Fur Day (Talk|Contribs|Edits) 22:25, July 17, 2012 (UTC)
New infobox idea
|I recently came up with an idea to make entering release dates into infoboxes easier. I made this template to test it (Template:Infobox CVG-T). The way it works is if you enter the release date for any region it automatically puts the globes in and every thing. I also made it so it works with multiple systems for release dates. I put it on my user page to test it. What do you think of it?|
~Rocketslime_1_1 (Talk | Wall | Contribs) 12:36,7/22/2012
New Badge System
|I recently designed a new badge system that could be used for awards that could be given to users (it would work alongside the current system), and I was wondering if you have any ideas for it. I was thinking maybe we could have award things were users could nominate other users for awards, and we could have special awards for users who contribute good things to the wiki like useful templates or users who write popular blog posts or for other things. What do you think of it?|
~Rocketslime_1_1 (Talk | Wall | Contribs) 23:13,7/25/2012
Need Any Help?
Hi BlackLodge I'm just kind of bored, do you need any help on a specific topic that I can help with, I have the free time. And good job you're on the top 5 contributors, nice! I'm trying to get there too.
I'm going to help you with the 3DS infobox subject starting tomorrow, or later today but I'm done for a while.
Just Making Sure
Look at the Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?! infobox. Tell me if I'm missing anything, I want to make sure cause if I'm wrong and I didn't know it, I would screw up all the 3DS's infoboxes. I know I am missing ratings though.
You're right it is a little strict, but we want this wiki in top notch, so I can respect that, I'll start and keep that order in mind and link the publiher's, etc. Thanks for you're help.
Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Pages
|Can you help me work on the Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire related pages? I'm trying to bring them up to standard in case a remake of the games is made. I've also made some new templates for them, you can see them here (Route 103).|
~Rocketslime_1_1 (Talk | Wall | Contribs) 23:39,8/10/2012
Sorry I haven't been able to help with the things you ask of me. For one I got much more busy and I can't contribute much anymore, also I realized that all of the Category: Pikmin enemies, don't have Video Game Character boxes up untill H or so. So I've been working on those, cause I created them a while ago before I even knew about infoboxes and video game character boxes and stuff, I promise I'll get back on track and help with the 3DS infobox issue, after the Pikmin Enemy issue.
Help with Something...
USK (Unterhaltungssoftware Selbstkontrolle) rating error
There is USK error. Every time I want it to display USK 18 logo (red) it always shows up as blue USK 16 logo in Infobox CVG error. It never shoWED up as USK 18 Logo. will you fix that error? - every game that are rated 18 by USK must show up as red 18 logo, otherwise 16-17 aged German people would play adult-only game by mistake if they go to nintendo wiki. 18.104.22.168 10:05, September 3, 2012 (UTC)
|I've fixed the error.|
|I'll look into the Nintendo News idea. Could you provide me a list of some sites that should be added there?
As for the Site news and updates, the way I have it set up now it only needs to be changed in one place and it will update everywhere it is. If you can come up with a good way to fix it, let me know.
Re: The Final Howard & Nester Comic
That sounds like a wonderful idea.
Re: Wii U Wiki
|Sounds good to me.|
Wow, that's amazing. Keep up the good work. P.S., I am going to tell the other users on Wii U Wiki about us joing forces, soon. --I'm not just a dude, I'm a Wikidude. Any questions? 18:37, September 9, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks for the information, Blacklodge. I really appreciate what you said and I will do that in the future. I just got one question, if a game is on the DS, 3DS, Wii and Wii U, do we prioritize home consoles for the infobox image or do the earlier game console ,even if it's handheld (the DS in this case), gets to be in it. Oh and another thing, couldn't we just add the different box arts in the gallery?
I'd be glad to have the Nintendo 3DS Wiki affiliate with this site. It would be a great opportunity for the communities of both sites to come together, and for the 3DS Wiki to gain some new members and traffic as well. The 3DS portal page looks very nice too. :) --J. Severe (I'm J. Severe and I approve whatever the heck was just said!) 00:56, September 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Great. It looks nice. --J. Severe (I'm J. Severe and I approve whatever the heck was just said!) 22:20, September 22, 2012 (UTC)
Greetings! I got your message on NES Wiki, and hope you can receive responses here. I am interested in the talks of a merger; NES can indeed be filed under Nintendo, and frankly, I don't update as much as I'd like. I'm glad you like what has been uploaded so far. I'm still interested in continuing to edit, but like I said, I just can't do it as much as I'd like on NES Wiki. -SlashMan (talk) 18:52, September 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Yep, I'm still down for the merger. I've made a few pages that didn't already exist, and I'll continue work on adapting more to fit in with Nintendo Wiki better. -SlashMan (talk) 04:47, September 23, 2012 (UTC)
Poptropica WikiI would like to become offical Friends with Nintendo, after all the new Poptropica Game is out soon, thanks,
Hi, Blacklodge, could you please ban the user Bigblackdicksswingin. He added a porn picture on the page ASCII Keyboard controller. I tried to undo his edit but he undid mine. Since I'm not a moderator, I can't do it myself. Thanks
the user bigblackdisswingin has turned the whole page into the niggers. block him.22.214.171.124 13:18, September 23, 2012 (UTC)
Wii U Launch lineup
You just added games to the Wii U Portal and I just want to know where you saw that those were launch games. According to the official Nintendo site, they don't have a release date yet. So sorry if it's been revealed in another place, but I'm just curious of where you found that list.
For all early first party games/consoles/accessories, there exists a unique Model No. for it (i.e. NES Controller = NES-004). Some pages have this at the bottom of the page as a seperate sub-heading. Should this be a part of the infobox? -SlashMan (talk) 22:32, December 29, 2012 (UTC)
IMPORTANT PERMISSION FROM THIS WIKI
Greetings, Nintendo Wiki editor and admin. I have come to take ov--
NES Wiki Merge
Hey man, it's been a while, just stopping by to check on things and make a few edits here and there. So the only way to merge two Wikis is by requesting it to a Wiki administrator. I've done that a while ago after the transfer was complete, and see it has had no effect. Guess I'll be trying that again. -SlashMan (talk) 07:29, November 19, 2013 (UTC)