In the year 2013, Tokyo was devastated when a "Lost Hole" emerged from the sky and brought a terrible explosion that destroyed the city. Now 18 years later, in the year 2031, Tokyo has been rebuilt into a much bigger, more modern city with technological advances such as a 2000 meter "Space Elevator" built in Tokyo Bay.
- Mikoto: A high school girl who appears before each of the five main characters. She appears slightly different to each character.
- Hina Fushimi: An idol female announcer who's out for the scoop on the mysterious terrorist known as Dokuro the Beast.
- Yuri Fukase: A top student who has a major secret about a past incident.
- Soma Kamiya: A top detective with the police. His wife and children are taken hostage, and he's ordered to perform a terrorist act.
- Kyugo Shindo: A once great physicist who defrauded people of investment money claiming that he was making a time machine.
- Ressentiment: A thirty-year-old's father stopped giving him his allowance, and his girlfriend of five years broke up with him. He refers to himself as a hero.
The game will feature some kind of Quick Time Event (QTE) system.