The Sims 3 is a Wii, Nintendo DS, and Nintendo 3DS video game released in 2010/2011 by Electronic Arts. It is based on the PC game of the same name. The game was one of the launch titles for the Nintendo 3DS. The Nintendo DS and Wii versions of the game have been met with mixed to positive reviews. Just like the previous The Sims games, there are a lot of customisation and interactivity options.
- The Baby, Toddler, and Elder age groups.
- The ability to prevent death
- The ability to earn/buy new clothes and change your sim's clothes
- A Multiplayer mode
- The ability to walk around as your sim
- Your town will evolve and change
- You can have kids/generation family
The reception of this game is mixed. Critics praise the good gameplay, but critisize the following points:
- The game is very glitchy
- Dramatically shortened lifespan
- By your sim's death (if he/she started as a child) you will be the only sim living in the now ghost town, as all the CPUs die one or two a day, starting after 7 sim days.
- The imfamous fire code
Nintendo DS version
Nintendo 3DS version
Notable features the game is missing are:
- The ability to age
- The ability to create any sim besides a young adult
- The ability to have children
- The ability to get a pool
- You are only able to control a maximum of 3 sims at a time
- Many of the Karma powers
- Certain career paths
- Many locations
No major additions where added to this port.
notable Features in the 3DS version are:
- A "face capture" feature during "create-a-sim"
This game's reception was mostly negative. reasons behind this are as follows:
- Average to mediocre graphics.
- The fact there is only two locations besides your home lot.
- The inability to have children.
- The inability to have a "generation family".
- A cut down on features from the other ports.
|Main article: The Sims 3/gallery|
- The Sims 3 (Wii) at The Sims Wiki
- The Sims 3 (Nintendo DS) at The Sims Wiki
- The Sims 3 (Nintendo 3DS) at The Sims Wiki
|SimCity series||SimCity • SimCity 2000 • SimCity Jr. • SimCity 64 • SimCity DS • SimCity Creator|
|The Sims series||The Sims • Bustin' Out • The Urbz • The Sims 2 (Pets/Castaway) • The Sims 3 (Pets)|
|MySims series||MySims • Kingdom • Party • Racing • Agents • SkyHeroes|
|Spore series||Spore Creatures • Spore Hero • Spore Hero Arena|
|Other games||SimEarth • SimAnt • The Tower SP|
|Releated||Nintendo • Maxis • Intelligent Systems • HAL Laboratory • Electronic Arts • Dr. Wright|