The Shaft is a third-party attachment for the Wii Remote designed to resemble an arcade joystick and buttons. It was sold by Overline Gaming. Its purpose is to emulate the feel of playing an arcade game, and is designed for such Virtual Console games as Mario Bros. in addition to fighting and classic games.
The Shaft came in three colors: Arctic White, Coral Pink and Midnight Black.
- Arcade-Style Controller.
- Size: 6 x 11 inches.
- Works with all Virtual Console Games. It works with Analog games like Mario Kart 64, and Digital games like Super SF2 Turbo. Also works with Super Smash Bros Brawl.
- Joystick has a steel core.
- Price on their website: 1 for $39.95 or 2 for $69.95. Normal retail price for 1 was $79.95.
- A Customizable Turbo Function allows you to program individual buttons to be Turbo while leaving others to work as normal.
- Full 360 Degree range of motion that works with both digital and analog stick games.
- 8 Locking points suited for for fighting games.
- 10-Year Warranty.