Tetsuya Takahashi is a Senior Director and Chief Creative Officer at Monolith Soft. Throughout his career, he has been the main responsible of the Xeno meta series at Square and Monolith, which includes the Xenoblade Chronicles series.
After working for a brief period for Nihon Falcom, Takahashi joined Square in 1990. Initially, he worked as a graphic designer on Final Fantasy series among other titles, until he became graphic director with Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger.
At Square, Takahashi conceived the first installment of the Xeno series, Xenogears. When the company turned down the possibility of a sequel, Takahashi left Square and founded Monolith Song along with Hirohide Sugiura. Initially owned by Namco, Monolith developed the Xenosaga series during this period.
After Nintendo bought Monolith Soft in 2007, the freedom introduced to them had them reconsider what was known at the time as Monado: Beginning of the World and would become Xenoblade Chronicles. This title marked the start of the Xenoblade series, which would eventually be followed by Xenoblade Chronicles X and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, under the leadership of Takahashi.
- Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes (1989)
- Final Fantasy IV (1991) - Battle Graphics
- Romancing SaGa (1992) - Field Map Design
- Final Fantasy V (1992) - Field Graphics
- Secret of Mana (1993) - Map Graphic Design
- Final Fantasy VI (1994) - Graphic Director
- Front Mission (1995) - Graphic Designer
- Chrono Trigger (1995) - Graphic Director
- Trials of Mana (1995) - Graphic Design: BG
- Final Fantasy VII (1997) - Field Section: Concept Art
- Xenogears (1998) - Director, Scenario Writer
- Xenosaga Episode I (2002) - Director
- Xenosaga Episode II (2004) - Original Author & Supervisor
- Xenosaga I & II (2006) - Scenario, Supervisor & Original Author
- Xenosaga Episode III (2006) - Author, Music Coordinator, Supervisor of Scenario and Database
- Soma Bringer (2008) - Producer
- Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier (2008) - Staff
- Xenoblade Chronicles (2010) - Scenario, Concept, Original Lyrics, Executive Director
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (2015) - Development Support
- Xenoblade Chronicles X (2015) - Concept, Executive Director
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (2017) - Scenario, Original Lyrics, Executive Director
- Torna: The Golden Country (2018) - Scenario, Original Lyrics, Voice Direction, Executive Director
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (2020) - Voice Direction, Executive Director
- Namco x Capcom (2005)
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U (2014) - Senior Supervisor
- Project X Zone (2013)
- Project X Zone 2 (2015) - Supervision & Cooperation: Xenoblade
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (2018) - Original Game Supervisor