Super Princess Peach (JP) is a game for the Nintendo DS that stars Princess Peach as the main character. It should also be noted that this is the first game to star Peach in a game. It was developed by TOSE, famous for developing the Game & Watch series. It is a spin-off from the Super Mario series. In this game, the roles are switched, Mario, Luigi, and the Mushroom Kingdom Toads are kidnapped by Bowser and it's up to Peach to save them, using a talking umbrella called Perry and her powers of emotion.
After Mario, Luigi, and the Toads get captured by Bowser's army, it's now Peach's turn to go out and save them.
In this game, Peach can use an umbrella named Perry to get advice, fly, and attack enemies. She also has "vibe powers", which are attacks and maneuvers that are triggered by her emotions.
In the game, Peach will be able to pull off many emotions that will trigger different attacks, called "vibe powers". The list of vibe powers are:
- Calm: Once you press the Calm icon on the bottom, Peach will become relaxed, causing her HP to restore.
- Gloom: Once you press the Gloom icon, Peach will become so sad, she'll move around sobbing, causing small plants to grow longer and bigger so she can climb them.
- Rage: Once you press the Rage icon, Peach will become very angry, causing her to be on fire. This vibe power will not only make her invincible, but it will also allow her to ram into enemies, killing them all.
- Joy: Once you press the Joy icon, Peach will become extremely happy and sing, causing her to float in the air to get to hard-to-reach places or grab hard-to reach items.
- Princess Peach - The hero of the game. She will be able to maneuver many emotions that will help her through the game.
- Perry - A magical umbrella that Toadsworth gives to Peach to help her on her journey. He gives Peach advice, and is also be used to fly and attack enemies.
- Mario - The main hero of the other Mario games who is one of the dames-in-distress in this game. He is the final character that Peach must save. He is rescued after Bowser is defeated.
- Luigi - Mario's brother who is a captive of Bowser as well. He is rescued after Kamek is defeated.
- Toad - The Mario Brothers ally who is also held captive by Bowser. Aside from being kidnapped, he is the main playable character in the mini-game mode. Many other Toads who look like him are also captured throughout the levels of the game.
- This is the last Mario game where Jen Taylor voices Princess Peach. Interestingly, Super Princess Peach is Jen Taylor's favorite game.
- Nicole Mills would be the voice actress who would record new voice clips for Peach until she was replaced by Samantha Kelly. Mario Hoops 3-on-3 and Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games would reuse voice clips from other Mario games where Jen Taylor voiced Peach.
- This is the only game where Peach's title is translated into its katakana form as 「プリンセス」 (Purinsesu) rather than the kanji form 「姫」 (hime). The katakana is only officially used in this game's title.
- A promotional browser game was released in 2005 called Super Princess Peach -- Parasol Fall.
- This is the fourth time where Mario is kidnapped. The first being Mario is Missing!, the second being Luigi's Mansion, the third being Super Mario 64 DS, the fifth being Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and the sixth being Luigi's Mansion 3.
- Wikipedia article
- Official Japanese website
- Nintendo.com: Super Princess Peach - Nintendo of America's information page on the game.
- Nintendo.co.uk: Super Princess Peach - Nintendo UK's information page on the game.
- Title at Moby Games
- Title at Gamefaqs