Mario and System Programmer
Area Data Input
Character Graphic Designer
Special Thanks to:
Where are they now?
Despite being made so long ago, some of the creators of Super Mario World are prominent figures in Nintendo today. Fore examples of the positions that these people hold, look below:
- Takashi Tezuka is, along with Shigeru Miyamoto, the general manager of all Nintendo EAD divisions. He has worked on some of Nintendo's most important video games.
- Shigeru Miyamoto is the most iconic video game designer of all time, creating the Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Star Fox, Pikmin, Nintendogs, and Wii series.
- Hideki Konno went on to head the Mario Kart and Nintendogs series, two franchises that include some of Nintendo's best selling titles.
- Katsuya Eguchi played an important role in the development of Star Fox 64 as the game's director. He later went on to play an even more important role when he helped create the Animal Crossing series. Today he is head of both the Animal Crossing and Wii series.
- Shigefumi Hino went on to head the development of the Pikmin series.
- Koji Kondo remains as one of the most well known video game composers of all time.
- Takao Shimizu, while he didn't play a large role in the development of Super Mario World, went on to head the Nintendo EAD Tokyo division, helping with the development of Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and more importantly Super Mario Galaxy.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.