These are the soundtracks for Super Mario Galaxy.
Super Mario Galaxy: Original Sound Track
Two versions were released; standard (consisting 28 songs) and Platinum (all 81 songs).
The game's orchestral music is performed by the Mario Galaxy Orchestra. It was recorded at Sound Inn Studio.
- Mahito Yokota - Music Composer, Arranger, and Orchestrator
- Koji Kondo - Music Composer, Arranger, and Original Music
- Koji Haishima - Orchestra Conductor
The following list is taken from the European release of the Platinum Edition version.
Disc 1 includes mainly orchestrated songs, as well as songs from the cutscenes and other major courses.
Disc length: 67:25
Disc 2 includes several background songs, and those that are not part of the major gameplay.
Disc length: 62:58
- During development, the developers felt orchestrated soundtracks would be "detrimental" to the gameplay. Sound director Masafumi Kawamura, who previously worked in Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, has influenced the decision to use orchestrated music for Galaxy.
- Kawamura is known for the feature where sound effects sync with the player's actions for visual emphasis, which was brought back in Galaxy.
- Koji Haishima is the game's orchestra conductor who also worked on various orchestral works in RPG games including the Final Fantasy franchise as well as the Mario & Sonic sports games. Galaxy is his only work in a Nintendo game.