Super Kirby Clash is a game in the Kirby series for the Nintendo Switch, released on September 4, 2019. It is an expanded version of Team Kirby Clash Deluxe (which was itself based on the Team Kirby Clash sub-game). Super Kirby Clash has improved single and multi-player modes, as well as new stages and bosses. It is the second free-to-start game in the Kirby series, after Team Kirby Clash Deluxe.
In the distant past, there was a faraway, peaceful land known as the Dream Kingdom. One day, Hornhead began to wreak havoc in the Seaside, leaving the kingdom's inhabitants unsure of what to do. Thankfully, a hero known as Kirby steps up to protect the kingdom, and along with Yellow Kirby, forms a squad known as Team Kirby to defeat Hornhead. The two then set off on their quest to defeat Hornhead after talking with Bandana Waddle Dee.
Upon defeating Hornhead, Kirby returns to the Port Village to find that the Gem Apple Tree has matured. Bandana Waddle Dee gives an amount of Gem Apples to Kirby and tells him about a Shoppe nearby that had just opened up. Kirby heads over to the shop to find a merchant named Magolor, who sells weapons, armor, and support items to Team Kirby in exchange for Gem Apples and Fragments. Another member also joins Team Kirby after hearing of their accomplishments, and is known as Blue Kirby. Team Kirby then sets out on more quests to vanquish other monsters who have appeared in the Seaside and The Dunes, with Green Kirby joining them during their travels. Eventually, they go on a quest to defeat Ignite Edge, who was so dangerous, that the quest was labeled as an ordeal.
Team Kirby successfully defeats Ignite Edge, just as more beasts appear, even in The Ruins. Team Kirby sets out on quests to defeat them, and also investigates as to why this is happening. Eventually, Team Kirby hears rumors of a caped man, and thinking that he may be causing mischief, they track him down to the Ruins. The caped man turns out to be Parallel Nightmare, a wizard from another world. Team Kirby fights and defeats Parallel Nightmare, but the villain escapes and flees to The Volcano. Along with Parallel Nightmare on the loose, more monsters colonize the Dream Kingdom, forcing Team Kirby to fight them off, as well as chase Parallel Nightmare through rumors.
After defeating Frost Kibble Blade and Pyribbit, Team Kirby moves on to clean up The Empyrean. There, they defeat the Guardian Angel, Landia, as well as other monsters. Soon afterwards, Team Kirby at last encounter Parallel Nightmare in the Empyrean, or so they thought. They fight and defeat the caped man, but it turns out that it was actually the puppeteer magician, Taranza, who was seemingly brainwashed by Parallel Nightmare. After Taranza regains his senses, Team Kirby bids him farewell and continues to hunt for the real caped man behind everything, as well as defeat more beasts.
The gameplay of Super Kirby Clash is very similar to that of Team Kirby Clash Deluxe: up to four players fight bosses using modified Copy Abilities and earn experience based on their performance, which can result in level ups and stat increases. Just like before, medals are rewarded based on the player's performance, ranging from bronze, silver, gold, and platinum. Fragments (and, through certain Heroic Missions, Gem Apples, which are the game's currency) are rewarded from battles as well. During battles, the player may also get Rare Fragments, which must be freed from their barriers in order to be collected. How often Team Kirby can go into battle is limited by how much vigor it has; if its current amount of vigor is too low, the player must either wait for it to restore itself over time, or spend two Gem Apples to restore it completely. Team Kirby's maximum amount of vigor can be increased by leveling up. If the player runs out of time during a battle, they can spend Gem Apples to give themselves 30 more seconds, and fully restore and revive Team Kirby. If all four Kirbys are defeated, then it is also possible to spend Gem Apples to revive all the members. The more they do this during a battle, however, the more costly it becomes. Later in the game, quests will require Gem Apples in order to be unlocked.
The player can also choose to play Party Quests. In Party Quests, the player has a separate vigor bar for them. They can choose to play them online or locally with others, hence their name. These quests also have more Heroic Missions than Story Quests. Occasionally, Star Quests occur during online and local Party Quests, in which a Star Chest appears. If collected, as well as the boss having been defeated, the player will open the chest and receive a reward.
Notably, if the player fails a quest multiple times, they will receive a support item from the village residents that may help during battle.
In the villages, the main hubs, the player can head to the Shoppe, in which they can buy and upgrade armor, weapons, support items, and stickers in exchange for Gem Apples and Fragments. The player can also purchase Gem Apples from the shop with real-world currency. Additionally, the player can collect Gem Apples from the Gem Apple Tree, which can be harvested every twelve hours. The more Gem Apples the player purchases from the Shoppe, the more the player will receive during harvests of the Gem Apple Tree.
The villages provide other benefits as well. the amiibo Statue allows the player to use their amiibo to get Fragments. The Shrine of Passwords allows the player to enter passwords to receive Gem Apples, Fragments, and support items. Lastly, the Adventurer Bell allows the player to call wandering adventurers to help them on quests. The player earns Gem Apples and Fragments when done so as well. The player can then ring the bell again for ten Gem Apples, or wait 23 hours to do it for free. Wandering adventurers can tag along with the player on quests they find difficult. After participating in a quest once, the wandering adventurers selected will leave and not be able to help again.
You have different attacks based on which Kirby you are.
- Sword Hero - The Sword Hero consists of Sword attacks and blades and is a well-balanced character with equal health and attack damage.
- Hammer Lord - The Hammer Lord uses his Hammer/Mallet to attack, he's the strongest of all the fighters but doesn't have particularly good health.
- Doctor Healmore - He's able to heal the other people in the team with his potions, but he has low attack power.
- Beam Mage - The Beam Mage uses magic to attack the enemies, this makes him able to attack from a ranged distance but doesn't do as much damage.
In Super Kirby Clash, the player has the option to play online with other people in the form of the Online Plaza. In it, players can only choose to go on Party Quests. The player can choose to search for others' matches and join them, or create their own and wait for others to join. The players then take on the quest together when the wait time is over or when everyone is ready. For the first time in the series, the player can also play online with friends who own the game. When playing online, the player earns 1.3 times more EXP than while playing alone, and quests require half the amount of vigor than what they usually cost. This is also the primary mode for stickers, which are used to express a player's thoughts or emotions to the others.
It should be noted that, if the player has disconnected multiple times during online matches, they will be prohibited from playing online for a time, whether it be for a minute or an hour.
- Yellow Kirby
- Blue Kirby
- Green Kirby
- Bandana Waddle Dee
- Coo (background)
- Rick (background)
- Kine (background)
- Meta Knight (background)
- Taranza (background)
- Francisca (background)
- Flamberge (background)
- Gooey (background)
- Parasol Waddle Dee (background)
- Adeleine (background)
- Ribbon (background)
- Zan Partizanne (background)
- Parallel Susie (background)
- Hyness (background)
- Wandering Adventurers
All the enemies in the game are used as boss attacks.
- Big Gordo
- Blocky (Categories: Normal, Tough, Toughest)
- Bonkers (Categories: Tough, Tougher)
- Colossal Double-Team (Category: Normal)
- Colossal Triple-Team (Category: Tough)
- Colossal Spear Waddle Dee (Category: Normal)
- Electric Dragon (Categories: Tough, Tougher, Toughest, Super)
- Flame Galboros (Categories: Tougher, Toughest, Super)
- Gigant Edge (Category: Tough)
- Greater Doomer (Categories: Tough, Tougher, Toughest)
- Hornhead (Categories: Normal, Tough, Tougher, Toughest)
- Ice Dragon (Categories: Tough, Tougher)
- Kibble Blade (Categories: Normal, Tougher)
- King Doo (Category: Normal)
- Kracko (Category: Tough)
- Landia (Categories: Tough, Tougher)
- Miasmoros (Categories: Tough, Toughest, Super)
- Mr. Floaty (Categories: Tough, Toughest)
- Mr. Frosty (Categories: Normal, Tougher)
- Parallel Landia (Category: Super)
- Pyribbit EX (Category: Super)
- Spark Bonkers (Categories: Normal, Tougher, Toughest)
- Team Colossal Quad (Category: Toughest)
- Team Elementrio (Category: Super)
- Team First Contact (Category: Normal)
- Team Floatrio (Category: Super)
- Team Frozen Stiff (Category: Tougher)
- Team Heavy Hitter (Category: Tough)
- Team Kaiju Trio (Category: Super)
- Team Mighty Cleave (Category: Tough)
- Team Shimmy (Category: Super)
- Team Sword & Storm (Category: Tougher)
- Team Tough Stuff (Category: Tough)
- Team Triple Threat (Category: Tougher)
- Telepathos (Categories: Tough, Tougher, Toughest)
- Whispy Woods (Categories: Tough, Tougher)
- Aeon Hero (Category: Super)
- Aeon Hero (Dark) (Category: Super+)
- Aeon Hero (Light) (Category: Super)
- Frost Kibble Blade (Categories: Tough, Toughest)
- Ignite Edge (Categories: Normal, Toughest)
- King D-Mind (Categories: Tougher, Toughest)
- King D-Mind's Revenge (Category: Super+)
- Landia EX (Categories: Tougher, Toughest)
- Parallel Nightmare (Categories: Normal, Tougher, Toughest)
- Parallel Nightmare's Revenge (Category: Super, Super+)
- Parallel Nightmare's Revenge and Aeon Hero (Category: Toughest)
- Parallel Susie (Categories: Tougher, Toughest)
- President Parallel Susie (Categories: Toughest, Super)
- Pyribbit (Categories: Tough, Tougher)
- Taranza (Categories: Tough, Tougher, Super)
- Venom Kracko (Categories: Tougher, Toughest, Super)
- Colossal Driblee (as part of Team Colossal Quad)
- Colossal Hot Head (as part of the Colossal Triple-Team and Team Colossal Quad)
- Colossal Kabu (as part of the Colossal Double Team, Colossal Triple-Team and Team Colossal Quad)
- Sword Hero: "The master swordsman! Dash, slash, and protect your team with the Hero Shield."
- Hammer Lord: "The powerful warrior! Crushing enemies with Hammer Flip makes up for a lack of agility!"
- Dr. Healmore: "The scholar with the healing power! Uses various attacks, and Healing Area lets teammates fight on!"
- Beam Mage: "The timely mage! Keep your distance, and break enemy defenses with a Time Beam."
- Decisive Battlefield
- Champion's Codex (Fire, Water, Light, Rare, Adventurer-Gift, Vigor, Sword Hero, Hammer Lord, Doctor Healmore, Beam Mage)
- Energy Drink
- EXP Orb (Regular, Mini)
- Fragment (Fire, Water, Light, Rare)
- Gem Apple
- Maxim Tomato
- Potion (Stamina, Attack)
- Power Tablets
- Despite the fact that various characters initially greet Kirby like they are just meeting him, Super Kirby Clash takes place after the events of Team Kirby Clash Deluxe. This is hinted at by Bandana Waddle Dee after the player travels to the Castle Village, when he mentions that the hub may "remind [Kirby] of old times."
- Super Kirby Clash is the first game in the Kirby series to feature a lyrical song with vocals, with the aforementioned song being the credits theme, "Green Tree Memories from Kirby."
- Super Kirby Clash is the first Kirby game to be released in Japan's Reiwa Era.￼
- Super Kirby Clash is the first Kirby game to make use of a paid online service.
- Tetris 99, another Nintendo Switch game, collaborated with Super Kirby Clash. Between September 20 and September 23, 2019, the seventh MAXIMUS CUP was held for Nintendo Switch Online members. Those who collected at least 100 points in the event received a Tetris 99 theme based on the Kirby game, as well as a code for 99 Gem Apples in Super Kirby Clash.
- When the player levels up to a level that is a multiple of five, an additional message referencing the Computer Virus' nonexistent stats will appear. These nonexistent stats are: Beauty, Bounciness, Charisma, Daydreaming, Eye Sparkle, Feral instinct, Intestinal fortitude, Kindness, Maturity, Puffiness, Reliability, Rosiness, Roundness, Sincerity, Singing voice, Spirit, Squishiness, Teamwork, and Wittiness.
- Super Kirby Clash reached over four million downloads in between September and December 2019, making it the second-best-selling game in the series, after Kirby's Dream Land. To celebrate, Nintendo held a sale that enabled players to save 20% on Gem Apples.
|Kirby Platformers||Kirby's Dream Land • Kirby's Dream Land 2 • Kirby's Dream Land 3 • Kirby's Adventure • Kirby Super Star • Kirby 64 • Nightmare in Dream Land • The Amazing Mirror • Canvas Curse • Squeak Squad • Kirby Super Star Ultra • Epic Yarn • Kirby Mass Attack • Return to Dream Land • Triple Deluxe • Rainbow Curse • Planet Robobot • Star Allies|
|Kirby Spinoffs||Pinball Land • Dream Course • Block Ball • Star Stacker • Air Ride • Kirby Fighters • Dedede Drum Dash • Team Kirby Clash Deluxe • Kirby's Blowout Blast • Battle Royale • Super Kirby Clash|