Star Wars Pinball is a Star Wars-based video game, initially released in 2013 for the Wii U and 3DS consoles on the online eShop service. This game is dedicated to pinball with heavy themes of Star Wars incorporated into the design and advanced ball physics.
A fresh remake was produced for the Nintendo Switch system in 2019, with physical game card copies introduced as well; the new port offers extensive new content such as a story mode and 19 tables, a whopping increase from its predecessors' mere three.
The game's premise is split into opposing light and dark sides; the player can choose to go with the Jedi, or team up with Sith. The game is based around a classic arcade game of pinball, where the player has to skilfully move a metallic ball around on the machine and hit a multitude of targets to gain points, using flippers and bumpers.
The original Wii U and 3DS versions of the game feature three boards to play from, all of which are heavily saturated with Star Wars themes and gimmicks; the first is based off Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, the second inspired by The Clone Wars and the third featuring Boba Fett.
The gameplay is mission-based, with the player tasked with meeting set objectives on the pinball machine and also incorporating the storylines of the actual movies.
Nintendo Switch features
The port to the Switch console arrived with more features, listed below: 4
- 16 more pinball stage designs;
- Galactic Struggle mode, a digital tug-of-war clash between light and dark teams;
- Career Mode, which consists of a several but short, snappy missions as the player progresses through the 50 career ranks;
- Retains the HD rumble support but also adds vertical play view;
- Cantina Jukebox where the player can listen to Star Wars soundtrack.