Stanley is the main, playable character in Donkey Kong 3. He owns a green house that he always has to protect from bugs who wants to eat his flowers. He is one of Donkey Kong's first nemesis, second only to Mario.
Donkey Kong 3
In his game, Stanley must use his bug spray to protect his greenhouse from the Buzzbees and Beespies that Donkey Kong let in when he destroyed the roof of the green house. He must also use the spray to force Donkey Kong to climb up the vines and leave the green house. If Donkey Kong climbed high enough he would hit a super spray can which is more powerful but only lasts for a set number of shots.
He then appeared in the Game & Watch port of Donkey Kong 3. In this game, Stanley and Donkey Kong stand at opposite ends of a greenhouse and use pesticide to push insects at the opponent. However, Stanley had a limited supply of pesticide. He could refill it, but would be rendered defenseless while doing so. This game was remade in Game & Watch Gallery 4. Stanley was not in the Modern version, which starred Mario & Donkey Kong shooting Boos at each other.
- Green House: A Game & Watch where an unnamed fumigator must protect his flowers from worms and spiders. The character may be an early version of Stanley.
- Super Smash Bros. Melee: Stanley appears as a trophy.
- WarioWare: Touched: Stanley appears in a microgame based on Donkey Kong 3 where the player blows into the DS microphone to make DK fly off the screen.
- WarioWare: Twisted!: In a microgame based on Donkey Kong 3, the player tilts the GBA to move Stanley while shooting DK.
- WarioWare D.I.Y. Showcase: Once again Stanley appears in a microgame based on Donkey Kong 3, where he must spray DK to make him leave the greenhouse.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Stanley appears as a Spirit.
Stanley is a plucky exterminator who takes on Donkey Kong and an army of insects in the third installment of the original Donkey Kong series. Stanley has a tough job: he has to chase Donkey Kong away to another greenhouse with his insect repellent, then climb up the ivy to pump the main hive with the deadly spray.
|Donkey Kong characters|
|Major Kongs||Cranky Kong • Candy Kong • Chunky Kong • Diddy Kong • Dixie Kong • Donkey Kong • Donkey Kong Jr. • Funky Kong • Kiddy Kong • Lanky Kong • Tiny Kong • Swanky Kong • Wrinkly Kong|
|Other Kongs||Bluster Kong • Leo Luster • Dread Kong • Eddie the Mean Old Yeti • Karate Kong • Kong Fu • Ninja Kong • Sumo Kong|
|Kremlings||King K. Rool • Kaptain Skurvy • Green Croc • Kalypso • Kass • Kerozene • Kip • K. Lumsy • Klubba • Kludge • Klump • Krusha • Kudgel • Kackle • Kritter • Klaptrap|
|Tiki Tak Tribe||Kalimba • Maraca Gang • Gong-Oh • Banjo Bottom • Wacky Pipes • Xylobone • Cordian • Tiki Tong|
|Snowmads||Pompy • Skowl • Ba-Boom • Fugu • Bashmaster • Lord Fredrik|
| ||Donkey Kong Jr. • Little Mac • Pauline • Sheriff • Stanley|
| ||Balloon Fighter • Bubbles • Devil • Duck Hunt Dog • Excitebiker • Fighter Hayabusa • Foreman Spike • Ice Climbers • Mach Rider • Medusa • Mike Jones • Mr. Stevenson • Palutena • Pit • Professor Hector • Professor Vector • R.O.B. • Tamagon • Wart|
Famicom Disk System
|Ayumi Tachibana • Chao • Donbe • Goku • Hikari • Protagonist (Famicom Tantei Club) • Sukapon • Takamaru|
| ||Alice • Captain Syrup • Muddy Mole • Prince Richard • Prince of Sablé • Tatanga|
| ||Balloon Man • Mr. Game & Watch • John Solver • Oiram Repus|