Sonic Colors (spelt Sonic Colours in Europe & Australia) is a Wii and Nintendo DS video game by Sega. The basic plot involves Sonic saving a group of creatures called Wisps from Dr. Eggman. The DS version of the game is made by Dimps.
Doctor Eggman is building a amusement park in space, which is powered by a alien race know as Wisp that are also a form of energy. Sonic and Tails set out to beat Doctor Eggman and free the aliens wisps.
In this Sonic game, you can still boost like in Sonic Unleashed. But it has been somewhat changed so that instead of rings filling the boost meter, Wisps fill it. The player chooses which level they want to visit by accessing the world map. The Wii version of the game plays in both 3D and 2D, while the DS version of the game is exclusively a 2D experience. Wisps are in both versions of the game, but play a little differently. The DS version plays like the Sonic Rush games. And the Wii version plays similar to Sonic Unleashed in many ways.
- White Boost - Fills Sonic boost bar
- Yellow Drill - Gives Sonic the ability to drill underground. It travels like a torpedo underwater.
- Cyan Laser - Sonic turns into a cyan streak of light travelling in a zigzag pattern.
- Blue Cube - slams into the ground and changes the blue blocks' transpency.
- Green Hover - turns Sonic into a floating green hovercraft, enables Light Dash with chains of rings.
- Pink Spike - Triggers Sonic's Spin Dash, allowing him to stick to walls and ceilings.
- Purple (Wii) Frenzy - Turns Sonic into a beserker that consumes most stuff in front of it.
- Violet (DS) - Void-Turns Sonic into a black hole that if grows larger by consuming energy.
- Orange Rocket - Go straight up at a great speeds.
- Red (DS) Burst - Turns Sonic into a fireball. Gives midair jumps and chargeable explosions.
- Tropical Resort
- Sweet Mountian
- Starlight Carnival
- Planet Wisp
- Aquarium Park
- Asteroid Coaster
- Terminal Velocity