The Sheikah Slate is a Sheikah artifact that bears the symbol of the mysterious tribe. It is found inside the Shrine of Resurrection at the beginning of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, it was left here by its previous owner, Princess Zelda who hoped that it could help Link in his journey across Hyrule. It can be upgraded with various magical Runes.
The Sheikah Slate is a multipurpose tool, letting Link cast magic as well as acting as a map and camera.
Link can also use the slate as a scope that grant him the ability to set beacons on the map and see farther than he normaly can.
The slate is able to hold magic spells called Runes that allow the user to affect their surrounding. They include:
- Magnesis: Effect metal objects in the surrounding area.
- Remote Bomb: Summon a magical bomb that can be remotely detonated.
- Stasis: Freeze objects in place for a limited time.
- Cryonis: Freeze water into pillars.
- Camera: Take pictures of the surrounding environment.
- Master Cycle Zero - DLC: Summon a motorcycle-like vehicle to ride.
- amiibo: Summon replicas of various legendary weapons and armor using Amiibo.