Satomi Asakawa (maiden name Satomi Maekawa) is a former video game designer who worked at Nintendo. Before joining the company, she worked for a video production company for six years in Vancouver, and she also attended the DigiPen Institute of Technology (which was partnered with Nintendo).
During her time at Nintendo, she usually created NPCs and secondary characters on various titles, mostly on the Zelda franchise; some of her creations include Kaepora Gaebora and the Treasure Chest Shop Gal in Ocarina of Time, the monkeys, the Turtle and Pamela in Majora's Mask, the Piantas in Super Mario Sunshine, and the President and enemies like the Waterwraith in Pikmin 2. She said that her favorite characters to design were the "chubby" ones and characters with block-like heads.
She also worked in the boss animations of Wind Waker, and she was the main NPC designer in Twilight Princess, where she also did the voice of Beth. She worked on some other titles until February 2013, when she retired from the video game industry and set up a therapy business.
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998) - Character Design
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (2000) - Character Design
- Pokémon Stadium 2 (2000) - 3DCG Designer
- Pikmin (2001) - Character Design
- Super Mario Sunshine (2002) - Character Design
- Pikmin 2 (2004) - Demo Design
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (2006) - Character Design Lead
- The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (2009) - NPC Design
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (2011) - NPC Design
- Mario Kart 7 (2011) - Character Design
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (2012) - Design Assist
- Mario Kart 8 (2014) - Character Design
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (2017) - Character Design
- Super Smash Bros. Melee (2001) (Original Game Staff)
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2002)
- Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (2007)
- Nintendo Powe: Inside Zelda: Twilight Princess (archived)
- Iwata Asks: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess