The Sand Kingdom () is a desert-themed location in Super Mario Odyssey and the greater location of Tostarena (). It's Regional Coins are purple shaped pyramids based on the Inverted Pyramid.
This was also the first kingdom shown in the Nintendo Switch trailer.
- "Tostarena - Gateway to the stark beauty of the desert."
- -In-game brochure, Super Mario Odyssey
Note: 16 Power Moons are needed to power up the Odyssey.
- Atop the Highest Tower: On top of the highest tower in the Tostarena Ruins.
- Moon Shards in the Sand: Collect all five Moon Shards in the Moe-Eye Habitat.
- Overlooking the Desert Town: On top of a building in the Tostarena Town.
- Alcove in the Ruins: Found in an alcove beneath the ruins platform with a Bill Blaster and three crates, just after the first 8-bit sequence.
- On the Leaning Pillar: Found atop a stone pillar in the Tostarena Ruins; accessible by capturing a Bullet Bill.
- Secret of the Inverted Mural: Found in a hidden area in the outside section of the Inverted Pyramid's 8-bit segment.
- On Top of the Stone Archway: Found atop the large archway at the Tostarena Ruins entrance.
- From a Crate in the Ruins: Found in a shiny crate in the Tostarena Ruins.
- On the Lone Pillar: Found on top of a pillar which can be reached capturing Glydon.
- On the Statue's Tail: Throw Cappy to a lion statue's tail.
- Hang Your Hat on the Fountain: Jump on the top layer of the fountain and spinning Cappy on the water and holding him there.
- Where the Birds Gather:
- Top of a Dune: Ground-pound the tallest sand dune to the left of the Tostarena Ruins entrance.
- Lost in the Luggage: Ground pound on a glowing spot close to a New Donker's car.
- Bullet Bill Breakthrough:
- Inside a Block Is a Hard Place: Found in a shiny stone block in the Tostarena Ruins by destroying the block with a Bullet Bill.
- Bird Traveling the Desert: Throw Cappy at a large bird flying around the Kingdom.
- Bird Traveling the Wastes:
- The Lurker Under the Stone: Throw Cappy to the moon itself which is trying to escape under the floor but can be seen as an outgrowth.
- The Treasure of Jaxi Ruins: Found in a treasure chest after traversing through the Ice Caves.
- Sand Kingdom Timer Challenge 1: On top of the Bullet Bill maze building.
- Taking Notes: Jump on the Palm: Collect all the Rainbow Notes atop a palm tree in the Desert Oasis.
- Herding Sheep in the Dunes: Herd the three lost sheep.
- Wandering Cactus: Ground-pound a glowing section of sand underneath a cactus.
- Sand Quiz: Wonderful!: Correctly answer several questions asked by the Sphynx by repeatedly talking to it.
- Shopping in Tostarena: Can be purchased from the Crazy Cap shop for 100 yellow Coins.
- Employees Only: Behind the counter in the Crazy Cap shop.
- Sand Kingdom Slots: Line up three Power Moon symbols on the slot machines inside a building in Tostarena Town.
- Walking the Desert!: Complete a challenge by an unnamed Koopa Troopa.
- Ice Cave Treasure: On top of the last stone pillar in the Ice Cave; accessible via wall jumping up the stone pillars.
- Sphynx's Treasure Vault: Correctly answer the Sphynx's riddle.
- A Rumble from the Sandy Floor: Ground-pound a floor tile in a secret room accessed via a Warp Pipe near the "Overlooking the Desert Town" Power Moon.
- The Bullet Bill Maze: Break Through: Found at the end of the Bullet Bill maze.
- Jaxi Driver: Found at the end of the Jaxi-accessible secret area.
- Jaxi Stunt Driving': Collect all the Rainbow Notes in the Jaxi-accessible secret area.
- Strange Neighborhood:
- Secret Path to Tostarena!:
- The Secret of the Mural: Found during the 8-bit section of the Highest Tower, right before getting the Power Moon at the top.
- Jammin' in the Sand Kingdom: Talk with a Toad who's listening to some music with headphones on a roof.
- Dancing with New Friends: Found inside a building only accessible with the Tostarena Mario outfit.
- Taking Notes: Running Down: Collect all Rainbow Notes in an area to the left of Tostarena Town.
- Hidden Room in the Flowing Sands: Found in a secret room hidden under the sand in the Tostarena Ruins.
- The Bullet Bill Maze: Side Path: Found in an alternate path of the Bullet Bill maze.
- Desert Gardening: Plaza Seed: Plant the seed in Tostarena Town and then wait for the seed to bloom.
- Desert Gardening: Ruins Seed: Make a second flower bloom in Tostarena Town.
- Desert Gardening: Seed on the Cliff: Make a third flower bloom in Tostarena Town.
- In the Skies Above the Canyon: Found airborne above the canyon and attainable by jumping from a moving stone floating platform.
- Island in the Poison Swamp: Found on an island inside the poison lake by capturing a Glydon.
- Peach in the Sand Kingdom: Talk with Princess Peach.
- On the North Pillar: Capture an electricity pylon and falling on the pillar at the right time.
- Sand Kingdom Regular Cup: Win a race against the Koopa quartet.
- Sand Kingdom Master Cup: Win a harder race against the Koopa quartet.
- Jump Onto the Transparent Lift: Capture a Moe-Eye and overcoming a challenging section in a secret area.
- Where the Transparent Platforms End: Found in the same secret area of Jump Onto The Transparent Lift moon, after overcoming other invisible platforms always capturing a Moe-Eye.
- Create a Goomba Tower because of its height from the ground in the Deepest Underground.
Showdown on the Inverted Pyramid: Obtained after defeating Hariet.
The Hole in the Desert: Defeat Knucklotec in the deepest part of the Ice Caves.
Names in Other Languages
||Reino de las Arenas
||Pays des Sables
||It is Dry
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKWBv-djiKk
- ↑ https://youtu.be/mcEOSHzmjBY?t=2m55s