Paon DP is a video game developer in Japan.
They were given the rights to work on Donkey Kong games, a job that was previously given to Rare before they left Nintendo and went to Microsoft. Currently, they have created DK: King of Swing, DK: Jungle Climber and Donkey Kong Barrel Blast. They have also participated in the development of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
When the company Data East went bankrupt, Paon bought the rights to some of their games, including Chelnov (sometimes known as Atomic Runner outside of Japan) and the Hercules no Eikō series. They gradually released some of them on the Wii and Wii U's Virtual Console.
In 2015, Paon merged with DP Inc. to form Paon DP. Since then, Paon has only put out mobile titles though they are allowing some licensing of their properties.
- DK: King of Swing (2005, Nintendo, Game Boy Advance)
- Donkey Kong Barrel Blast (2007, Nintendo, Wii)
- DK Jungle Climber (2007, Nintendo, Nintendo DS)
- Glory of Heracles (2008, Nintendo, Nintendo DS)
- Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (2008, Bandai Namco Games, Wii)
- AquaSpace (2010, Nintendo, Wii Ware)
- Hana to Ikimono Rittai Zukan (2011, Nintendo, Nintendo 3DS)
- New Horizon English Course 1-3 (2012, Nintendo DS) (Japan only)