A Paladin is a popular class or job in many RPG video games. Paladins first appeared in the game Dungeons and Dragons as a holy knight. The title later appeared in many other games, such as the Fire Emblem series, Dragon Quest series, Golden Sun series, and many others.
Dragon Quest series
Notable Paladins in the Dragon Quest series
Fire Emblem series
In the Fire Emblem series, paladins always ride on horses. They are considered by fans as the most powerful and helpful classes in the game, though because of their power, you may over use them, giving your other characters low experience points.
Notable Paladins in the Fire Emblem series
- Camus - Fire Emblem
- Eltoshan - Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu
- Marcus - Fire Emblem: Fūin no Tsurugi
- Alan - Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem: Fūin no Tsurugi
- Lance - Fire Emblem: Fūin no Tsurugi
- Seth - Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
- Titania - Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
- Mackoya - Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Final Fantasy series
In the Final Fantasy series, paladins are a class that wield swords and magic and have relatively high defense. In the games, they are able to use a technique called "cover" that will temporarily stop all damage to a certain unit, though all the damage that he would have gotten goes go to you.