Nintendogs is a simulation game for the Nintendo DS, and several editions were released for the system. It allows you to choose from 20 dogs, to play with, feed and teach tricks too.
There was a sequel known as nintendogs + cats, released on the Nintendo 3DS is the first game in the series to include cats.
- Siberian Husky
- Golden Retriever
- Shih Tzu
- Miniature Dachshund
- German Shepherd Dog
- Shetland Sheepdog
- Yorkshire Terrier
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
- Miniature Schnauzer
- Shiba Inu
- Toy Poodle
- Miniature Pinscher
- Pembroke Welsh Corgi
- Labrador Retriever
- Jack Russell Terrier
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl - The Nintendog appears as an assist trophy in Brawl. When released, it disappears briefly and reappears in front of the camera, blocking a large portion of the screen (about 2/3) while the action is still going on behind it.
- WarioWare: Smooth Moves - One of the mini games will make you shake the paw of a Nintendog.
- Animal Crossing: City Folk/Let's Go to the City - Four different Nintendogs appeared as downloadable content in the game. They didn't move around and acted as decorative.
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo - They reappeared as fortune cookie prizes.