Nicalis is an American independent game developer / publisher based in Santa Ana, California. They are most well known for their ports of early indie games like Cave Story.
The company was founded in 2007 by former IGN editor, Tyrone Rodriguez.
Nicalis was supposed to publish La-Mulana on WiiWare but, cancelled this port due to perceived low userbase on the platform by 2012.
In 2017, Nicalis acquired the studios, Cowboy Color and SuperVillain Studios.
- Cave Story (WiiWare, DSiWare, 3DS, Switch)
- La-Mulana (WiiWare) - Cancelled
- Cave Story 3D (3DS)
- NightSky (3DS)
- VVVVVV (3DS)
- Ikachan (3DS)
- 1001 Spikes (3DS, Wii U, Switch)
- Grinsia (3DS)
- Guxt (3DS - Cancelled)
- The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (Wii U, New 3DS)
- Afterbirth+ (Switch)
- 90s Arcade Racer (Wii U)
- Hydra Castle Labyrinth (Switch)
- Redout (Switch)
- Tiny Barbarian DX (Switch)
- Ittle Dew 2+ (Switch)
- The End Is Nigh (Switch)
- Blade Strangers (Switch)
- RemiLore: Lost Girl in the Lands of Lore (Switch)