The New Nintendo 2DS XL (JP) (called New Nintendo 2DS LL in Japan and shortened to New 2DS XL and New 2DS LL in Japan) is the sixth and latest revision of the Nintendo 3DS line incorporating the features of the New Nintendo 3DS with a sleeker design and the removal of the 3D capability. It is also the latest Nintendo handheld It was first released in Australia on June 15, 2017, and later on in July 28, 2017 in North America and Europe. It is a larger version of the original Nintendo 2DS, which was discontinued in North America on February 8, 2020, leaving the New 2DS XL the only model in the 3DS family as well as the only handheld model to still be in production worldwide.
The new model features the same sized screen as the New Nintendo 3DS XL, but trims the outer edges making the device shorter with width and thickness maintained.
The screen is also lacking 3D capabilities. The New Nintendo 2DS XL is as light as the original Nintendo 2DS at 9.2 ounces. The inner camera is now in the hinge and there's a C-Stick on the right side
The internal processors and such are the same as the New Nintendo 3DS, thus being compatible with the exclusive games such as Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and the SNES Virtual Console as well overall faster loading.
- Main article: New Nintendo 2DS XL/gallery
- List of Nintendo 3DS games
- Nintendo DS (Predecessor)
- Nintendo 3DS (Predecessor)
- Nintendo 3DS XL (Predecessor)
- Nintendo 2DS (Predecessor)
- New Nintendo 3DS (Predecessor)
- New Nintendo 3DS XL (Predecessor)
- Unlike the other models in the family which are in 3D, Nintendo does not make the Nintendo 2DS XL (Nintendo 2DS LL) and New Nintendo 2DS and instead only make the Nintendo 2DS and New Nintendo 2DS XL.