The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
Mushrooms are a type of item in the Mario series. They were inspired by Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, where Alice changes size by eating mushrooms.
Types by Introductory game
Super Mario Bros.
- Poison Mushroom - acts like an enemy, reducing Super Mario to normal Mario or killing Normal Mario
- Life Shroom - revives Mario if he dies in battle
- Shroom Shake - a milkshake made from a mushroom. Restores hit points.
- Zombie Shroom - an evil mushroom that harms Mario
- Ultra Shroom - restores a large amount of hit points
- Slow Shroom - slows everything down temporarily
- Hyper Shroom - speeds everything up almost uncontrollably
- Super Shroom - heals more hit points than a mushroom, but less than an ultra shroom
New Super Mario Bros.
- Mega Mushroom - temporarily makes Mario extremely large and invincible
- Tiny Shroom - shrinks Mario, making him tiny but able to jump very high and large
Super Mario Galaxy
- Bee Mushroom - allows Mario to fly for a short period of time, and keeps Mario from getting stuck in honey
- Boo Mushroom - makes Mario float, and allows him to pass through certain wall upon shaking the Wii Remote.
- Spring Mushroom - forces Mario to jump repeatedly, and will allow Mario to jump higher upon pressing the A Button.
Super Mario Galaxy 2
- Rock Mushroom - allows Mario to drop bridges, fly off ramps, and break into certain rocks with a shake of the Wii Remote.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.