Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright are the bosses of Butter Building. The two are fought as a tag-team with one in the foreground and the other in the background, and this will be reflected in their further appearances. The inactive member launches attacks from the background. Mr. Shine's fire balls give Kirby burning power and Mr. Bright's stars give Kirby cutter power. Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright are the third boss in the game.
When a member is defeated, he will be trapped in an inactive form. In this state, he will still attack, but his attacks may have been done to provide projectiles Kirby can send with his inhale. When both of them are downed, the active member will be sent flying into the inactive one, causing them to burst.
Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright appear in several games.
- Kirby's Adventure
- Kirby's Block Ball
- Kirby's Dream Land 2: In this game, Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright can perform an eclipse attack that reflects their basis more heavily: Mr. Shine goes into the centre (immune to damage), while Mr. Bright circles around.
- Kirby's Dream Land 3 (knock-offs of them that Ado created)
- Kirby's Pinball Land
- Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
- Kirby Super Star (possible cameo)
- Kirby Super Star Ultra (possible cameo)