The Lucky Bell (JP) (called the Lucky Cat power-up by the Prima Official Game Guide) is a power-up introduced in Super Mario 3D World, resembling a bronze jingle bell (or possibly konguro'o) with eyes. It is a variation of the Super Bell that gives Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Toad, and Rosalina the Lucky Cat Suit, which has all the same abilities as the normal Cat Suit, with the additional ability to transform into a statue, similarly to the Tanooki Suit, that gives the characters Coins when it falls.
The Lucky Bell replaces the Super Bell in the Special Worlds unlocked after completing the game. It first appears in the level Spiky Mount Beanpole.
- The Lucky Bell is the only power-up in Super Mario 3D World that doesn't have a corresponding Stamp.
- The Lucky Bell is similar to the Statue Leaf from Super Mario 3D Land or the Tanooki Suit from Super Mario Bros. 3, turning characters into a statue.
- The statue the characters turn into resembles the Japanese Maneki-neko statues, which are sometimes called "lucky cats" in English. In fact, the Lucky Bell is called the "Maneki-Neko Bell" in Japanese.
- Interestingly, while Mario, Peach, Toad, and Rosalina raise their right paw, a gesture used to bring in wealth and good fortune, Luigi is depicted with his left paw up, commonly associated with businesses and owners wanting to bring in customers.
- The Cat Mario Show #12
- Super Mario 3D World Walkthrough - World 10: World Mushroom (Prima Games website)