Raise a Floppa - The Loop
Do you like this video?
The following are a list of major people who have or are currently working at Nintendo.
- Fusajiro Yamauchi - The founder and first (1st) president of Nintendo. (1889-1929)
- Sekiryo Yamauchi - The second president of Nintendo. (1929-1949)
- Hiroshi Yamauchi - Third president; brought company into video game industry. (1949-2002)
- Satoru Iwata - Fourth president. Previously was president of HAL Laboratory. (2002-2015)
- Tatsumi Kimishima - Fifth president. Previously was second president of Nintendo of America and was Managing Director from 2013 to 2015. (2015-2018)
- Shuntaro Furukawa - Sixth and current president. Succeeds Kimishima who retired from the role in June 2018. (2018-present)
Nintendo of America
- Minoru Arakawa - First president of Nintendo of America.
- Reggie Fils-Aime - Third president of Nintendo of America.
- Doug Bowser - Fourth and current president of Nintendo of America.
Nintendo of Europe
- Satoru Shibata - Former president of Nintendo of Europe. The current General Manager of the Marketing and Licensing Divisions at Nintendo. He is in charge of the Advertising and Global Marketing Department
- Stephan Bole - The current President of Nintendo of Europe. He was previously in charge of Nintendo France.
- Koji Miyake - The current CEO / Chairman of Nintendo of Europe
Nintendo of Korea
- Hiroyuki Fukuda - Current president of Nintendo of Korea.
- Shigeyuki Takahashi - Senior EO, General Manager of General Affairs Division and in charge of Quality Assurance Department and Investor Relations
- Hirokazu Shinshi - Senior EO, General Manager of Manufacturing Division
- Hajime Murakami - Executive Officer, General Manager of Finance Administration Division
- Naoki Noguchi - Director (Audit and Supervisory Committee Member)
- Keizo Kato - Deputy General Manager of the Development Administration & Support Division
- Yusuke Beppu - Deputy General Manager of Business Development Division
- Takuya Yoshimura - Deputy General Manager of General Affairs Division
- Yutaka Takenaga - Deputy General Manager of Corporate Analysis & Adminstration Division
- Satoshi Yamato - President of Nintendo Sales Co., Ltd., Former General Manager of Marketing Division
- Susumu Tanaka - Corporate Adviser. Former Director, General Manager of Licensing Division
- Hiroshi Imanishi - Former head of General Affairs, retired since 2002.
- Shigeru Miyamoto - On September 16, 2015, he left his managerial position as head of EAD and became a Creative Fellow for Nintendo. Creator of Mario, Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, Pikmin and Nintendogs.
- Takashi Tezuka - Former Deputy General Manager of all EAD studios. Worked on many titles including the original Super Mario Bros., Yoshi's Island and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
- Yoshiaki Koizumi - Deputy General Manager for the Entertainment Planning and Development Division. Current manager of Nintendo EPD Tokyo games. Director of Super Mario Sunshine, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and Super Mario Galaxy.
- Katsuya Eguchi - Deputy General Manager for the Entertainment Planning and Development Division. Current manager of EPD Kyoto studios. Director of Star Fox, Animal Crossing and Wii Sports.
- Hideki Konno - Current manager of the Mobile Production Group. Former manager of Nintendo EAD 1 and Producer of Nintendogs and Mario Kart DS onwards and Director of earlier Mario Kart games
- Kosuke Yabuki - Manager of Production Group No. 9 in Nintendo EPD. Producer of ARMS, Director of Mario Kart 7 & 8
- Hisashi Nogami - Deputy General Manager of Nintendo EPD. Directed Animal Crossing up to City Folk and produced Splatoon
- Eiji Aonuma - Former manager of Nintendo EAD 3 and director of various The Legend of Zelda titles.
- Hiroyuki Kimura - Former Manager & Producer of EAD Group No. 4, behind New Super Mario Bros. and Pikmin from the Wii onwards
- Tadashi Sugiyama - Producer of Nintendo EAD5, behind Wii Fit, Star Fox and Steel Diver
- Takaya Imamura - Director, in charge of Star Fox, F-Zero and Steel Diver
- Kouichi Kawamoto - Producer of Streetpass Plaza, Miitopia and 1-2-Switch, Director of Brain Age series
- Shinya Takahashi - Director. General Manager of Entertainment Planning & Development Division and Supervisor of the Business Development Division and Development Administration & Support Division. Formerly, General Manager of SPD Division.
- Yoshio Sakamoto - Senior Officer and creator of many Nintendo games including Metroid and WarioWare. Former Deputy General Manager of Nintendo SPD .
- Kensuke Tanabe - Senior Officer. Former head of SPD3.
- Keisuke Terasaki - Deputy General Manager of Development Administration & Support Division and head of External Production Groups. Worked under Kensuke Tanabe on various series like Art Academy and Paper Mario
- Hitoshi Yamagami - Manager of EPD Production Group No. 1. Former manager of Nintendo SPD2, and creator of many puzzle games.
- Genki Yokota - Project Leader in EPD Production Group No. 1. Has worked with the Xenoblade and Fire Emblem series.
- Yurie Hattori - Member of SPD1, who has directed many games.
- Risa Tabata - Assistant Producer at SPD2. Has worked often with Retro Studios
- Toyokazu Nonaka - Producer of many Mario Sports games as well as the additional StreetPass Games
- Masayuki Uemura - Designer of the Famicom/Nintendo Entertainment System.
- Gunpei Yokoi (deceased) - Supervised various Nintendo R&D1 video games. Creator of Game Boy and Game & Watch
- Genyo Takeda - Former head of R&D and lead on systems like the Wii and Wii U. Technology Fellow
- Ko Shiota - Current General Manager of Platform Technology Development Division. Formerly, Deputy General Manager of Integrated Research and Development Division (Handhelds.
- Takashi Shimada - Current Deputy General Manager of Platform Technology Development Division. Formerly, Deputy General Manager of System Development Division and Software Environment Development Division.
- Koji Kondo - Composer of most of Nintendo's earlier music
- Mahito Yokota - Composer at EAD who specializes in live orchestra music.
- Toru Minegishi - Composer at EAD, Composed tracks for Splatoon and various Zelda games
- Kazumi Totaka - Composer at EAD, responsible for the Animal Crossing soundtrack. Voice of Yoshi, Professor E. Gadd
- Kenji Yamamoto - Composer at SPD who created the music for Metroid and Famicom Detective Club .
Nintendo Software Technology
- Michael Kelbaugh - President of Retro Studios
- Tetsuya Takahashi - Lead producer at Monolith Soft
- Yasuyuki Honne - Head of Monolith Kyoto
- Koh Kojima
- Gen Kadoi - President of 1-Up Studio
- Satoshi Tajiri - Creator of Pokémon.
- Shigesato Itoi - Creator of Earthbound series.
- Masahiro Sakurai - Creator of Kirby, and Super Smash Bros.
- Masayoshi Tanimura - Current head of HAL Laboratory
- Tohru Narihiro - Producer on the Fire Emblem series, former chief programmer on several classic Intelligent Systems
- Ryuta Kawashima - Creator of Brain Age series.
- Leslie Swan - Former Nintendo Treehouse manager, translator.
- William Trinen - Former Nintendo Treehouse manager, Product Development Manager
- Nate Bihldorff - Nintendo Treehouse manager, Translator. Voice of Shy Guy in the Mario series
- Tim O'Leary - Nintendo Treehouse manager
- Reiko Ninomiya - Nintendo Treehouse manager
- Dan Owsen - Nintendo Treehouse manager
- Scot Ritchey - Nintendo Treehouse manager