Koichi Hayashida is the group manager of the Nintendo EPD Production Group No. 8, and one of the producers of the 3D Mario series under Yoshiaki Koizumi. He worked as programmer and director on various titles of the Mario franchise before becoming a producer.
After graduating from college in 1991, Hayashida attended the Nintendo Dentsu Game Seminar in 1992, where he and Koichiro Eto programmed Joy Mech Fight, which was published in 1993.
Hayashida later officially joined the company in May 1999, where his first notable work was Super Mario Sunshine as the main programmer. He was transfered to Nintendo EAD Tokyo along with several other developers after Nintendo's reestructure.
List of games
- Joy Mech Fight (1993) - Director, Programmer
- Super Mario Sunshine (2002) - Main Programming
- Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (2004) - Assistant Director
- Super Mario Galaxy (2007) - Level Design Director
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010) - Director
- Super Mario 3D Land (2011) - Director
- Super Mario 3D World (2013) - Director
- NES Remix (2013) - Director
- NES Remix 2 (2014) - Director
- Ultimate NES Remix (2014) - Producer
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (2014) - Producer
- Super Mario Odyssey (2017) - Producer
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch / 3DS) (2018) - Producer
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (2018) - Original Game Supervisor
- Super Mario Maker 2 (2019) - Development Support