Motokura joined the company on April 2000 and initially worked on character design on various titles.
He was transfered to EAD Tokyo after the company's reestructure, where he took the role of design director on the 3D Mario titles, until he eventually became a codirector of Super Mario 3D World and the sole director of Super Mario Odyssey.
In 2015, he became the Assistant Manager of the Production Group No. 8 of Nintendo EPD.
- Pokémon Stadium 2 (2000) - 2DCG Designer
- Pikmin (2001) - Character Design
- Super Mario Sunshine (2002) - Character Design
- Pikmin 2 (2004) - Creature Design
- Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (2004) - Character Design
- Big Brain Academy (2005) - Question Data Creation
- Super Mario Galaxy (2007) - Character Design Lead
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010) - Design Director
- Super Mario 3D Land (2011) - Design Director
- Super Mario 3D World (2013) - Director
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U (2014) - Supervisor (Original Games)
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (2014) - Planning/Director
- Super Mario Odyssey (2017) - Director
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (2018) - Original Game Supervisor
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars (2020) - Producer
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (2021)
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2002)
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch/3DS) (2018)
- Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)