Jarvis, the Jar Collector is an antique jar-collecting ghost of unknown age in the game Luigi's Mansion. He is a purple ghost with yellow eyes and a rounded mouth and speaks in a stereotypical Scottish accent. Jarvis is said to love jars so much that it is the reason he lives inside one. His portrait number in Professor E. Gadd's gallery is 12.
Luigi first finds Jarvis in the Ceramics Studio on the third floor of Luigi's Mansion. Although Luigi does not need to capture Jarvis to save Mario, he can earn a Blue Diamond and two Gold Bars if he succeeds in capturing him.
After Luigi examines the area around the far left wall, Jarvis appears from one of the jars and challenges Luigi to a Whac-A-Mole-style game. If Luigi can hit Jarvis with blasts of ice seven times as he warps to different jars around the room, the ghost allows Luigi to fight him. If Luigi fails to hit Jarvis seven times, he gets teleported outside of the Armory.
Angered by losing the game, Jarvis levitates ceramic jars and tosses them at Luigi, dealing five HP damage for every hit. Luigi can counter by sucking up Jarvis with the Poltergust 3000, while trying to not hit the floating jars, otherwise Jarvis will escape the Poltergust's pull.
- Jarvis' name is an obvious pun on the words, "jar" and "Travis".
- Jarvis speaks with a Scottish accent that is stereotypical.
- Jarvis may be a completely unknown species or a deformed human
- Jarvis's three frames have three different colors of Jarvis; in Bronze and silver he is purple and in gold he is tan.
- Jarvis is very similar to Roger the Potted Ghost, who appeared in the game Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.
- Jarvis is the only non-boss portrait ghost whose heart can not be checked at all. If the player tries to scan his heart, nothing occurs. This does not happen in the 3DS version, as Jarvis has a heart quote.
- Jarvis has an appearance similar to Ty-foos from Super Mario 3D World.
- In the Japanese version, the description for Jarvis notes that it is a mystery what he uses for a toilet.
|Luigi's Mansion characters|
|Allies||Luigi • Professor E. Gadd • Mario • Toad • Princess Peach • Polterpup • Gooigi|
|Portrait Ghosts||Biff Atlas • Bogmire • Boolossus • Chauncey • Clockwork Soldiers • Floating Whirlindas • Henry and Orville • Jarvis • King Boo • Lydia • Madame Clairvoya • Melody Pianissima • Miss Petunia • Mr. Luggs • Nana • Neville • Shivers • Sir Weston • Slim Bankshot • Spooky • Sue Pea • Uncle Grimmly • Vincent Van Gore|
|Luigi's Mansion 3 Ghosts||Steward • Chambrea • Kruller • Chef Soulfflé • Amadeus Wolfgeist • King MacFrights • Dr. Potter • Director Morty • Kaiju Ghost • Polterkitty • Ug The Caveman • Clem • Serpci • Nikki, Lindsey, and Ginny • Captain Fishook • Johnny Deepend • DJ Phantasmagloria • Hellen Gravely|