Hideki Kamiya (JP) is the Senior Vice President and Chief Game Designer of PlatinumGames. He was formerly employed by Capcom and is known for his work on the Resident Evil, Viewtiful Joe, and Bayonetta series, among various other titles.
After graduating from college, Kamiya applied for jobs at various game developers. He was turned down by SEGA and had an application accepted by Namco. However, Namco wanted him to be an artist rather than his desire to be a game designer. Kamiya joined Capcom as a designer in 1994. His early works included planner of the original Resident Evil and director of Resident Evil 2 at age 23. He was also the writer for Resident Evil 2, though his script was totally re-written by FLAGSHIP. He was later the director of both Devil May Cry and the original Viewtiful Joe. In 2006, Kamiya worked as the director for the PlayStation 2 version of Clover Studio's Ōkami.
He joined former Capcom colleagues, including Atsushi Inaba and Shinji Mikami, to create a new company, shortly before Clover Studio was closed by Capcom in late 2006. This new company, later named PlatinumGames, announced a three-game deal with publisher SEGA. Included in the deal was an original game by Kamiya titled Bayonetta. Afterwards, Kamiya worked on some titles produced by Nintendo, including The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2 and Astral Chain.
- Resident Evil (1996) - System Plan / Camera Works
- Resident Evil 2 (1998) - Director
- Devil May Cry (2001) - Director
- Resident Evil Zero (2002) - Original Game Design
- Viewtiful Joe (2003) - Director, Voices (Six Machine)
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney − Trials and Tribulations (2004) - Voice Cast (Godot)
- Viewtiful Joe 2 (2004) - Story
- Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble! (2005) - Scenario & Supervisor
- Ōkami (2006) - Director
- Bayonetta (2009) - Director, Story Writing
- The Wonderful 101 (2013) - Director, Lyrics
- Bayonetta 2 (2014) - Supervision, Story
- Astral Chain (2019) - Supervision