Grand Theft Auto, referred to as Grand Theft Auto Advance, is a top-down perspective game, just as in the original Grand Theft Auto, Grand Theft Auto 2, and Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars and has many features from the three dimensional games.
The game starts when Mike and Vinnie head to do some jobs for the Italian Mafia before leaving Liberty City for good. Just before you are about to leave, Vinnie's car gets blown up. With the help of many gangs and organization you must find his killers and get revenge.
- Bat: A common weapon with no ammo limits
- Hand Gun: Another common weapon, good for short and long range.
- Shotgun: Good close range weapon
- Sub Machine Gun: Not very powerful, but good when outnumbered.
- Assault Rifle: More powerful then a Sub Machine Gun
- Mini Gun: A most powerful automatic weapon, runs out of ammo quickly
- Flame Thrower: The flame thrower burns anyone who gets in the way and sets vehicles on fire.
- Hand Grenade: A standard throwing weapon, good at clearing out groups of people
- Rocket Launcher: A powerful weapon, useful from a long range
- Molotov Cocktail: Not as powerful as a hand grenade, but effective against enemies.
- Katana: Much more powerful then a baseball bat, good for close combat.
- 100 packages to be found around Liberty City.