Gooigi is a clone of Luigi who appears in the Nintendo 3DS remake of Luigi's Mansion and again in Luigi's Mansion 3. He appears in Luigi's image, but is entirely composed of green goo, hence his name, and wields a gooey version of the Poltergust 3000 and Poltergust G-00. He was created by the future Professor E. Gadd that appears to be from the period of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and then sent back in time to assist Luigi and the E. Gadd from the past during the events of the first game. Gooigi becomes a central character in Luigi's Mansion 3 as he is one of the two playable characters of the game and can solve puzzles normally impossible for Luigi and vice versa. He is apparently edible, and may taste like coffee.
During Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Professor E. Gadd was experimenting on a new, strange blue liquid he gathered from other ghosts, as he relates in his research journal. Believing this liquid is a key to many new inventions, he performed tests on the liquid, but it did not react to anything: heat, cold, poking it with iron, pouring it on rubber, and E. Gadd's morning donut. When a "stealthy ghost" snuck up behind him, E. Gadd spilled his Lunoman Greenie blend coffee into the liquid, which caused it to turn green and stabilize into a goop form, which E. Gadd calls "Goo".
After further tests, the goop took the form of Luigi and was named "Gooigi" and sent back in time to the events of the original Luigi's Mansion, outsourcing E. Gadd's testing to his and Luigi's past selves. Three collected Dark Moon pieces are shown on the monitor behind the future E. Gadd, indicating that this occurred after Luigi had cleared out the Haunted Towers and begun exploring the Old Clockworks.
Luigi's Mansion series
Luigi's Mansion (Nintendo 3DS)
In Luigi's Mansion, Gooigi serves as the second player in the game's new multiplayer mode. He begins with only 50 HP and is vulnerable to fire, burning and melting very easily, but can revive indefinitely if his health reaches zero. When Gooigi is not being played by a second player, he is seen in the background of The Lab staring at some test tubes.
After the end credits, the future E. Gadd calls a second time to look at Gooigi's stats if the game was played in multiplayer.
Luigi's Mansion 3
Gooigi reappears in Luigi's Mansion 3, where the player can use him to reach certain areas that Luigi cannot reach, such as areas past spikes. However, he melts if he touches water and disintegrates if he touches fire. He also has only 25 HP. In co-op mode, Gooigi is controlled by the second player. He also appears in the Scarescraper, where multiple colored Gooigis can appear for multiplayer; Gooigis come in blue, gold, and pink colors.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Luigi's Mansion (Nintendo 3DS)
- Digital Manual Description: "Gooigi cannot open doors. He has half the health of Luigi, but if he is defeated in battle, he can revive after a short time."
- Before Gooigi's creation, E. Gadd lists "Goo" as a new element on a periodic table. However, due to how Gooigi was created, it would by definition not be an element, but a compound or mixture.
- In the last image of "XXX-003 The Birth of Gooigi", Gooigi is shown to be having a much clearer "G" emblem on his cap, as opposed to the very faint "G" on his cap in-game.
- The file name of an image in the official website for the Nintendo 3DS version of Luigi's Mansion misspells his name as "Guigi".
- ↑ Nintendo Everything (June 13, 2019). https://nintendoeverything.com/luigis-mansion-3-producer-says-you-can-eat-gooigi-wants-luigi-to-rival-mario-unsure-about-wayoshi/ Luigi’s Mansion 3 producer says you can eat Gooigi, wants Luigi to rival Mario, unsure about Wayoshi. Retrieved July 14, 2019.
- ↑ Nintendo Everything (July 13, 2019). Luigi's Mansion 3 dev says Gooigi may "taste like coffee", could get a spinoff. Retrieved July 14, 2019.
- ↑ GameXplain (October 11, 2018). Meeting Gooigi in Luigi's Mansion 3DS Cutscene! + A Peek into E. Gadd's Future. YouTube. Retrieved October 12, 2018.
- ↑ https://youtu.be/RSGgCfbYrg0?t=116
- ↑ File name of an image (guigi-2x.png) from the official website of Luigi's Mansion for the Nintendo 3DS.
|Luigi's Mansion characters|
|Allies||Luigi • Professor E. Gadd • Mario • Toad • Polterpup • Gooigi|
|Portrait Ghosts||Biff Atlas • Bogmire • Boolossus • Chauncey • Clockwork Soldiers • Floating Whirlindas • Henry and Orville • Jarvis • King Boo • Lydia • Madame Clairvoya • Melody Pianissima • Miss Petunia • Mr. Luggs • Nana • Neville • Shivers • Sir Weston • Slim Bankshot • Spooky • Sue Pea • Uncle Grimmly • Vincent Van Gore|