Genius Sonority, Inc.(JP)(CN) is a video game developer best known for their work on the Pokémon series for Nintendo consoles. Though not all of their video games are published by Nintendo, so far each of their games have appeared on a Nintendo console (including the GameCube, Nintendo DS and Wii).
Their sole purpose was initially to create console Pokémon games in the same vein of Pokémon Stadium for the Nintendo 64. Hiroshi Yamauchi funded the company with his Q Fund. The company started operations in June 2002. Many of the founding members of this company were from Heartfelt, who were known for the Dragon Quest games in the SNES and Playstation era.
Their first creation under this goal was Pokémon Colosseum, which was heavily inspired by its Nintendo 64 prequels. Eventually they would branch out onto the Nintendo DS with Pokémon Trozei, and made a giant leap onto the Wii with Dragon Quest Swords. They entered the casual market with 100 Classic Book Collection for the Nintendo DS.
They grew independent from publishers with The Denpa Men series. This series grew rapidly as they made 2 more entries in a year's time. The Free to play entry, The Denpa Men FREE, has been downloaded over 1 million times inspite of only being released in Japan.
List of games
- Pokémon Colosseum - GameCube
- Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness - GameCube
- Pokémon Trozei - Nintendo DS
- Pokémon Battle Revolution - Wii
- Dragon Quest Swords - Wii (co-developed with Eighting)
- 100 Classic Book Collection - Nintendo DS
- Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell - Nintendo DS
- Otona no Renai Shōsetsu: Hārekuin Serekushon - Nintendo DS
- Battle & Get! Pokémon Typing DS - Nintendo DS
- Denpa Men: They Came By Wave - Nintendo 3DS eShop
- The Denpa Men 2: Beyond the Waves - Nintendo 3DS eShop
- The Denpa Men 3: - Nintendo 3DS eShop
- Pokémon Battle Trozei - Nintendo 3DS eShop
- The Denpa Men FREE - Nintendo 3DS eShop
- Pokémon Shuffle - Nintendo 3DS eShop