General Pepper (JP) is a supporting character in the Star Fox series of video games by Nintendo. He was the commander-in-chief of the Cornerian Defense Forces. He is friends with the Star Fox team of mercenaries, and has often called on them for assistance. Under his command, the Cornerians lived a peaceful, idyllic life.
Shortly after taking his position, Pepper exiles the scientist Andross for experimenting on civilians for military purposes. Andross is exiled to the planet Venom. Five years later, Pepper sends the Star Fox team to investigate odd activity on Venom, where team member Pigma Dengar betrays the team for Andross, leaving James McCloud for dead.
Later, James' son Fox dropped out of the flight academy to join Star Fox. Pepper called on the new team, composed of Fox, Falco Lombardi, Slippy Toad and surviving original team member Peppy Hare to combat Andross' invasion of the Lylat system. This is the story for both the original Star Fox and Star Fox 64.
In Star Fox Adventures, his only main purpose was to display the current mission status.
During the events of Star Fox Assault, Pepper almost perishes when the Aparoids fuse with his ship. Fox is forced to destroy the ship with him still on board. He survives only because Peppy rescues him at the last moment.
Later, Pepper leaves his post as General of the Cornerian Army and passes it on to Peppy. By the events of Star Fox Command, he is confined to a sick bed.
- "Commander in chief of the Cornerian Defense Forces. General Pepper also served as superior officer to Fox's father when they were in the army together. With his great command record and warm personality, Pepper is well liked and respected by his men. Over the years, he has built a close, trusting relationship with Fox and company."
- "The Cornerian army's general has a cute and cuddly demeanor—one the members of Star Fox know very well. His gentle nature might have even been his downfall when he let Andross slip by and invade. Still, what do a few mistakes matter when he's got Star Fox to help him save face? Later, Peppy takes his place as general."
- The way General Pepper tries to resist the Aparoid infection when he is fought as a boss in Star Fox: Assault is similar to the Brandish from Mighty No. 9. He is also the only one to deliver helpful advice as a boss.
- General Pepper is the only boss fought in Star Fox: Assault to formerly be allies with the Star Fox team, as well as one of two Aparoids to survive the battle. While Pigma Dengar counts to the latter, he doesn't count to the former as he betrayed Star Fox and was a false ally. The infected Cornerian soldiers don't count towards the former as they are just mook enemies in the game, and they wouldn't count towards the latter if shot to death.
- A reason why General Pepper survived his fight with Fox may be due to the latter damaging the machinery of the ship and not what was once General Pepper's body.
- It would seem that his name and appearance are references to the Beatles album Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
|Star Fox Characters|
|Star Fox||Fox McCloud • Falco Lombardi • Slippy Toad • Peppy Hare • Krystal • Fay • Miyu • ROB 64|
|Star Wolf||Wolf O'Donnell • Leon Powalski • Pigma Dengar • Andrew Oikonny • Panther Caroso • Algy|
|Other||Andross • General Pepper • Bill • Katt • James McCloud • Tricky • General Scales • Beltino Toad • Aparoid Queen • Dash Bowman • Amanda Toad • Lucy Hare • Anglar Emperor • Grippy Toad|