Gauntlet: Dark Legacy is the fourth and final entry of the main Gauntlet series and also enhanced version of Gauntlet Legends. Originally released for the arcades around 2000 and ported to the gaming platforms such as the GameCube in 2002.
GameplayPlayers take place in an ancient world with all characters, Dwarf, Warrior, Valkyrie, Knight, Wizard, Sorceress, Archer and Jester. They need Gold Icons and Crystals to enter all levels; they also have to find all Runestones in all realms and recover all the Shards to battle the final bosses, Skorne and Garm.
- The Warrior and Dwarf have superior abilities in strength.
- The Archer and Jester have superior abilities in speed and reflexes.
- The Knight and Vakyrie have superior abilities in armor and protection.
- The Wizard and Sorceress have superior abilities in magic and with magic potions.
- Hyena (Dream World Treasure Room)
- Minotaur (Mountain Kingdom Treasure Room)
- Jackal (Desert Lands Treasure Room)
- Medusa (Forsaken Province Treasure Room)
- Tigress (Forest Realm Treasure Room)
- Ogre (Ice Domain Treasure Room)
- Falconess (Castle Stronghold Treasure Room)
- Unicorn (Sky Dominion Treasure Room)
- Sumner (Battle Grounds Treasure Room)
- Pojo the Chicken (Name as EGG911)
In an ancient time, the evil mage Garm, using the power of the Runestones, released a great evil upon the land. This demon, Skorne, broke free of Garm's control, crushing him and imprisoning his soul in the underworld. Skorne then released his minions upon the land, and scattered the Runestones across the Eight Realms, so that they might never again be assembled and used against him.
No one has dared try ...Until now.
The storyline is much like Gauntlet Legends but expanded upon.
In the arcade, players enter three initials and password, while in this game, they can enter their full name.
Crystals are added here, while in the arcade, there aren't any crystals.
The health meter doesn't go down, while in the arcade, it does.
The beach party cards are omitted.
In the arcade, you'll have to select a level you want to select a level you want, while in the game, you'll need crystals, gold icons, shards and runestones.
Extra health isn't earned in this version of the game.
You won't be able to buy extra health with credits and there aren't any credits.
The boss meter is omitted on the GameCube version.