Final Fantasy VI Advance is a Game Boy Advance video game released in 2006 and 2007. It is a remake of the SNES/Super Famicom video game Final Fantasy VI, and was the last Nintendo published video game to be released on the Game Boy Advance. Square Enix developed the original game, though TOSE worked behind the scenes to port it to the Nintendo DS. In Japan, Square Enix published the game while in North America and Europe Nintendo did. The game has a variety of additions and enhancements.
Changes from the original
There are many different changes that the developers made when porting the game to the Game Boy Advance to make it feel fresh to those who played it so long ago. The changes in the game include:
- The game's graphics have been enhanced, as has the music and sounds.
- The English script writers gave the game a script overhaul, and filled in some of the gaps.
- There are four new Espers including Leviathan, Gilgamesh, Cactuar, and Diabolos.
- There are two new areas including the Dragons' Den and Soul Shrine.
- The Kaiser Dragon is a boss in the game that can be found in the Dragons' Den.
- Three new spells are in the game.
- The glitches from the original have been removed.
- A bestiary and music player are featured on the game's main menu.