Final Fantasy IV Advance () is a Game Boy Advance video game released in 2005 and 2006. The game was developed by Square Enix, and published by them in Japan. In America and Europe it was published by Nintendo. In Japan, a bundle was released that packed the game in with a Game Boy Micro (with Cecil and Kain on it). The game is a remake of the SNES/Super Famicom classic Final Fantasy IV.
Changes to the original
- The graphics have been improved not only over the original, but also of the WondeSwan Color game too.
- The music has been remade.
- The localization team redid the script and made the game flow a bit better than its SNES counterpart, filling in some of the gaps along the way.
- Religious references from the original game that were taken out of the English version are now retained. They include the spell holy, and Rosa's prey ability.
- Instead of having numbers at the end of a spell to indicate its level, they simply have different names.
- Two new dungeons have been added to the game including Mt. Ordeals and Lunar Ruins.