The Formula One simulation features 22 different cars and 17 tracks that are all based on real life drivers and courses from the 1997 season. Some drivers were left out due to legal issues, though they're represented by characters that are based on them. The game is similar to most of the Formula One games released at the time. It was based on the 1997 Formula One season, and had five game modes.
- Grand Prix: The main game mode. This is where people could recreate the 1997 Formula One season. All 17 courses can be played in this mode. One difference between the real life races and the game is that the player can change the outcome of the race rather than the real winner of the race winning in the game.
- Exhibition: Play a single race on any of the 17 available different tracks.
- Time Trial: Play a single race on any of the 17 tracks. In this mode you try to get the highest possible time, with your goal being to beat the previously held record on the cartridge.
- Challenge: A more faithful recreation of the 1997 Formula One season, which will have you winning races with the appropriate drivers.
- Multiplayer: Split-screen, 2 player race on any of the 17 available tracks.
|Formula One Racing video games|
|Developed by Nintendo||F-1 Race (Famicom) • F-1 Race (Game Boy) • Famicom Grand Prix: F-1 Race|
|F1 Pole Position • F1 Pole Position 2 • III: F1 Triple Battle • IV: F1 Dream Battle • F1 Pole Position 64 • SD F-1 Grand Prix|
|Developed by Nichibutsu||F1 Circus • Super F1 Circus • Super F1 Circus Limited • Super F1 Circus 2 • Super F1 Circus 3 • Super F1 Circus Gaiden|
|Developed by Varie||F-1 Hero GB '91 • F-1 Hero GB '92 • F-1 Hero 2 • Super F1 Hero • F-1 Hero '94|
|F-1 Grand Prix • F-1 Grand Prix Part II • F-1 Grand Prix Part III|
F-1 World Grand Prix • F-1 World Grand Prix II
|Other Developers||Turbo Racing • F-1 Super Driving • Battle Grand Prix • F1 Career Challenge • F1 Championship Season 2000 • F1 2002 Formula 1 Sensation • F1 ROC • F1 ROC II • Formula One: Built to Win • Formula One 2000 • F1 2009 • F1 2011 • Monaco Grand Prix • F1 Racing Championship|