Donkey Kong Land III (JP) (also written as Donkey Kong Land 3) is a platforming video game released for the Game Boy by Nintendo in 1997. It is the third and final entry in the Donkey Kong Land games. Aside that, the game is a semi-sequel to Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!.
After Donkey and Diddy hear about the mysterious Lost World, the two go off to searching for it, seeing as any one who finds it wins an award. As Dixie was not able to go with, she decides to go and find the Lost World before anyone else, and takes her younger cousin Kiddy with her, even though she was supposed to be babysitting him at the hut.
|Dixie Kong||She has the ability to glide for a long time by spinning her hair around. She is also able to pick up Barrels with her hair and carry them over her head. Compared to Kiddy, she is rather light, though because of this she isn't very strong.|
|Kiddy Kong||He is the stronger one of the group, and can jump further than Dixie by performing a somersault in the air.|
- Booty Bird
- Bounty Bass
Worlds and Levels
Differences from the Game Boy and Game Boy Color versions
- The game has a new feature allowing it to support more colors than just simply grayscale.
- The game has one letter show up on the screen at a time when a character is talking, unlike the Game Boy version where all show up at the same time.
- The game's world map lacks animation, meaning that lakes and smoke no longer animate, village houses, Wrinkly Refuge and Sheepy Shop are sets of examples. Also, windmills no longer spin.
- The game's cartridge is transparent, opposing the fact that the Game Boy version has a yellow banana colored cartridge.
- Bear no longer has any set of animation and is also stagnant like the world map.
- There is no longer slowdowns in the game, deleting the fact that lag glitches may result in death.
- The game is exclusively in the Japanese language.
- The title screen has its "PRESS START" text remodeled.
- The most recent time on the Time Attack screen is no longer shown.
Some cheats can be done in this game to cheat in the game. They are as listed:
- Pressing Down, Down, Up, Left and Right on the D-pad grants Dixie and Kiddy fifty more lives.
- Pressing Up, Up, Down, Left and Right on the D-pad allows Dixie and Kiddy to play the Card game from the Sheepy Shop. This does not unlock anything though.
- Pressing Left, Left, Up, Down, Right, Left, Left, Down, Up and Right on the D-pad grants Dixie and Kiddy access everywhere except for the Lost World as collectibles aren't included in this cheat.
- Pressing either Left, Up, or Down on the D-pad or SELECT allows a different demo of a level play after the title screen's music is done. A fourth press cycles back to the default Jetty Jitters. Also, Dixie and Kiddy eventually lose a life in these demos. The levels being:
- Donkey Kong Land III was to have the sub-title The Race Against Time. This, however, was dropped as its sequels did not.
- Wrinkly misspells Kremlings as "Kremlins" in her speech.
- Despite the name, Donkey does not make a physical appearance.
|Donkey Kong series|
|Arcade||Donkey Kong • Donkey Kong Jr• Donkey Kong Jr. Math • Donkey Kong 3 • Donkey Kong '94|
|Donkey Kong Country||Donkey Kong Country • Donkey Kong Country 2 • Donkey Kong Country 3 • Donkey Kong 64 |
Donkey Kong Country Returns (3D) • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Donkey Kong Land • Donkey Kong Land 2 • Donkey Kong Land III
|Mario Vs. Donkey Kong||Mario vs. Donkey Kong • Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-land Mayhem! • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again • Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars|
|Bongo||Donkey Konga • Donkey Kong Jungle Beat • Donkey Konga 2 • Donkey Konga 3|
|Other||Diddy Kong Racing (DS) • DK: King of Swing • DK: Jungle Climber • Donkey Kong Barrel Blast • Donkey Kong: Jungle Fever • Donkey Kong: Banana Kingdom|