Diddy Kong Racing DS is a remake of Diddy Kong Racing for the Nintendo 64, released on the Nintendo DS in 2007 and included Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. The gameplay is similar to the one in its predecessor with newly addded touch screen abilities.
- Diddy Kong
- Dixie Kong
- Tiny Kong
- Tiptup the Turtle
- Pipsy the Mouse
- Krunch the Kremling
- Timber the Tiger
- Bumper the Badger
- Drumstick the Rooster (unlockable)
- T.T. (unlockable)
- Taj the Genie (unlockable)
- Wizpig (unlockable)
Differences from original
- Eight players can play all at once on one Game Pak in multiplayer mode.
- Multi-Card and Online Play are added as new features.
- Tracks can now be created and the player can race with T.T.
- Conker and Banjo are removed from the game, due to Rare joining Microsoft and were replaced by Dixie Kong and Tiny Kong.
- Taj and Wizpig are now unlockable playable characters.
- Each vehicle has a turbo effect that corresponds to an action on the touchscreen. The kart has a tire spin using the stylus, the hovercraft has a propeller spin by blowing into the mic, and the plane has a propeller spin also by blowing into the mic.
- A new "arcade" mode replaces the "tracks" mode on the original game.
- There is a cutscene at the start of adventure mode
- T.T. does not say "Diddy Kong Racing! Press start." on the title screen.
- The game now has new sound effects that were not featured in the original.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.