David Doak is a former video game designer. Originally he joined Rare in 1995 as a system manager to look after their Silicon Graphics workstations, but he later joined the GoldenEye 007 team as one of the key members along with Martin Hollis. The character Dr. Doak was named and modeled after him.
While Perfect Dark was in development, Doak left Rare along with various other GoldenEye team members and founded Free Radical Design in 1999, where he directed various titles on the TimeSplitters series, Second Sight and Haze.
Currently, David Doak serves as a lecturer on the Norwich University of the Arts.
- Ken Griffey Jr.'s Winning Run (1996) - Rare Quality Assurance
- Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! (1996) - Network Support
- GoldenEye 007 (1997) - Original Screenplay
- Perfect Dark (2000) - Game Designer [note: prototype version]
- TimeSplitters 2 (2002) - Producer and Director
- Second Sight (2004) - Original Concept
- TimeSplitters: Future Perfect (2005) - Director
- Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut (2014)