Custom Robo V2 is a Nintendo 64 video game released exclusively in Japan in 2000 by Nintendo and Noise. The game was later released in Japan for the Wii's Virtual Console on February 19 of 2008. The game is similar to the other games within the Custom Robo series in that you control miniature robots who fight other miniature robots. The game includes a four player multiplayer mode, and was relatively successful. The battles take place in 3D arenas, and if the player wins he'll usually be rewarded with new additions to their robots.
In the main menu of the game, there are five options the player can choose from. They include:
- Single Player: The main mode. Play in tournaments, battle robots and acquire new robot parts.
- 1 vs 1 Battle: The two player mode where you fight a single friend. This mode was featured in the previous game.
- 2 vs 2 Battle: Create a team of two and fight another team of two in a four player multiplayer battle. This feature wasn't present in the previous game.
- Training Mode: The game's practice mode.
- Options: Various game options. You can erase saved data here.
The single player mode is slightly similar to Pokémon. You control a young boy who has just acquired his first robot. With the miniature robot, you'll find opponents and fight their robots. Fighting robots is done in real time. Each robot has a variety of weapons and they battle in a 3D arena. The analog stick controls the character, while the A button fire the primary weapon and the B button the secondary weapon. The C stick left button will perform a melee attack while on the ground, while pressing up on the C stick will switch robots if you're ina 2 vs 2 multiplayer battle. The R button will make your robot jump. Some characters can dash while in the air if they press the R button again.
The player can customize various aspects of their robot as the name suggests. Customization is all done through a menu, which includes the following options:
- Body: The body you choose will effect the movement, speed, health, and whether or not the robot can dash while in the air.
- Gun: The primary weapon for the robot.
- Bomb: A secondary weapon that is fired with the B button.
- Pod: A weapon that can be dropped with the Z button and will usually explode when the enemy draws near it.
- Footwear: The boots of the robot will effect the height of their jump and their dash.
|Nintendo Mecha video games|
|LBX/ Danball Senki|