A Crowber , also known as a Crow, is a raven-like enemy first seen in New Super Mario Bros. These enemies tend to appear in the last courses of the game, where they attack Mario or any other potential victim with rather fast moves. The name Crowber appears to be a pun from "crowbar," a tool used to remove nails.
Super Mario series
New Super Mario Bros.
Crowbers are only seen in World 8-1, where they swoop down to attack Mario. As progress is made throughout the course, more will appear and chase after the player. Crowbers attack quickly, making it somewhat difficult for the player to defeat them.
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Crowbers reappear in the game New Super Mario Bros. Wii. They are redesigned with a purple plumage and a lighter beak and legs, and appear in World 7-Ghost House and World 8-5. They attack in the same manner as they did in New Super Mario Bros.
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Crowbers reappear in New Super Mario Bros. 2. They appear in World Mushroom-Warp Cannon, World 6-4 and in Course 1 of the Impossible Pack. They maintain their appearance from New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
Dr. Mario World
Crowbers make their debut in the Dr. Mario series in Dr. Mario World as Assistants. Their Stage Mode skill grants a 10% chance of gaining one extra capsule upon the start of a stage, while their Versus Mode Skill increases the number of clear pieces required to fill both the user and their opponent's attack meters by 10%. In this game, they revert to their black coloration.
- Crowbers were going to reappear in Paper Mario: Sticker Star, but were cut from the game. However, a Toad Quiz in Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam has the enemy's name as one of the answers.
- ↑ Loe, Casey. New Super Mario Bros. Player's Guide. Page 11.
- ↑ New Super Mario Bros. / New Super Mario Bros. Wii / New Super Mario Bros. 2 internal filename (crow)
- ↑ von Esmarch, Nick. 2012. New Super Mario Bros. 2 PRIMA Official Game Guide. Page 33.
- ↑ Nintendo Mobile (July 7, 2019). Doctors & Assistants #3 Trailer. Youtube. Retrieved July 7, 2019.
- ↑ https://tcrf.net/Paper_Mario:_Sticker_Star#Enemies