While not the mascot of the series or really even, necessarily, the main character, he's definitely the best known and most publicized by Nintendo and appears in more games than any other F-ZERO character. He has appeared as a playable character in every F-ZERO game excluding F-Zero: Maximum Velocity and has been a regular in every Super Smash Bros. game since the original.
In F-ZERO lore, he’s a bounty hunter whose identity is a mystery to everyone. He owns his own private island that was presumably purchased through his money he received from capturing bounties. On his island, which is near Port Town, he has built his own track that he practices on before racing with other F-ZERO pilots. His famed Blue Falcon is his ship he races with. Over the years Captain Falcon has been rewarded with friends, but mostly rivals.
Captain Falcon’s history has been revealed through the games, the games’ manuals, and the anime. He's a bounty hunter with a mysterious past that not much is known about. His captain title is rumored to be because he was once a police officer.
Outside of pictures and cutscenes, Captain Falcon is rarely seen outside a vehicle. He is a very mysterious and solitary man. He wears a blue flight suit with body armor typically with his trademark helmet. He also wears gloves, gold boots and a belt with a holster for a gun (although rarely used). He is very muscular.
Super Smash Bros.
The Smash Bros. series gave him his personality. His appearance is pretty much identical to his F-Zero appearance. However, since he was hardly outside his car by his inclusion in the series, the developers created his own original moveset. His Specials are:
- his neutral special, Falcon Punch
- his side special, Raptor Boost
- his up special, Falcon Dive
- his down special, Falcon Kick
- his final smash, Blue Falcon
In addition, his forward aerial is extremely powerful and has been coined the Knee by fans.
Alternate CostumesWith Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U, Captain Falcon has 8 alternate costumes. The third costume is based on Blood Falcon.
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
- "Captain Falcon's default down special, Falcon Kick, is no ordinary kick - it surges forward in a fiery blaze. It's a versatile attack that moves sideways on the ground and diagonally down in the air. His forward air attack, Knee Smash, can send an enemy flying for miles if hit just right."
List of games
- F-Zero - SNES, 1991
- F-Zero X - N64, 1998
- F-Zero GX - Gamecube, 2003
- F-Zero AX - Arcade, 2003
- F-Zero: GP Legend - GBA, 2004
- F-Zero Climax - GBA, 2004
- Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - Cameo
- Kirby Super Star - Cameo
- Super Smash Bros. - Playable character
- Super Smash Bros. Melee - Playable character
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Playable character
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U - Playable character
- Captain Falcon is best known for his famed "Falcon Punch", where he thrusts his fist into the opponent and causes massive damage in a fiery impact. Fans have used this repeatedly in comedic videos.