Kirby's Dream Land
Cappies behave the same way they did in Kirby's Dream Land.
Kirby Super Star
Cappy is a regular enemy and attacks by throwing its cap up the air.
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
Same behavior as Kirby's Adventure.
Super Smash Bros. series
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- A creature that looks like a walking mushroom at first glance. Inhaling him will strip off only his cap, revealing his true identity. Cappy tends to run around wildly, flailing his arms... and then gently eases back into a relaxed strut as if nothing ever happened.
- Game Boy: Kirby's Dream Land
- Super Nintendo: Kirby Super Star
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
- This enemy looks rather like a mushroom...until Kirby tries to inhale him, that is--then his cap comes off and reveals the true form he's so cunningly been concealing. It might not be much of a surprise these days, though--Cappy's been around since the very first Kirby game. He's more like an old friend than an enemy at this point.
- Game Boy - Kirby's Dream Land - 08/1992
- Nintendo Entertainment System - Kirby's Adventure -05/1993
Cappy also appears in Kirby's Block Ball as a boss.
In the anime
Various Cappy citizens appear as the primary residents of Cappy Town, the anime's main setting. They are depicted as a hardworking people living in a mostly agrarian small town society, ruled by King Dedede. They are often shown as being timid and gullible. When they dislike someone (usually Kirby) they are prone to forming mobs in an attempt to oust the target from the town.