Bishops only appear in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift as a Bangaa-only job. They use many spells that are used by White Mages, including the only offensive White Magic spell, Holy. They can cast a variety of defensive and offensive magic.
Their first appearance was in Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken. In their initial appearance, Bishops was exclusive to the opposing army. In the series, a bishop is a promoted version of a Priest, Monk, or Cleric. They are capable of using Light Magic and staves. They're best put to use as a healer, and it's suggested that you be cautious when using a bishop to battle, as they have low attack and also low defense.
List of Bishops
- Renault - Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken
- Riev - Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
- Oliver - Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
- Tomenami - Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
- Rhys - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
- Numida - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
- Valtome - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
- Boah - Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Ken and Shadow Dragon