Big Brain Academy (やわらかあたま塾, Yawaraka Atamajuku) is a Nintendo DS video game that was developed and published by Nintendo in mid 2006. The game is similar to Nintendo's previous "brain game" Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! in terms of the genre. A sequel, or at least a remake is currently being developed for the Wii, and will be released in 2007. When you complete an activity, the game will determine your score by measuring it in Grams, or g for short. The game can hold up to four files; it will show your name that you entered and your grade. You'll get your grade after you finish your test. A test will consist of five random activities from each category. Grades are F-, F, F+, D-, D, D+, C- C, C+, B-, B, B+, A-, A, and Ace. Ace is only obtainable if you get the max score possible, which is 2000g. You can also do Practice mode, which allows you to practice the activities. If you score is at least 50g, you'll get a bronze medal. If your score is 100g, you'll get a silver one. If your score is 200g or above, you'll get a gold mode. There is also a platinum medal, but it is unknown how to get it. Last, you can play multiplayer with up to 8 players, and only one person needs the DS game.
- Think - Logic questions. Includes Heavyweight, Pathfinder, and Boneyard.
- Memorize - Memory questions. Includes Sound Bites, Flash Memory, and Memo-random.
- Analyze - Reason questions. Includes Missing Link, CubeGame, and Animal Lines.
- Compute - Math questions. Includes Coin-parison, Add Agency, and Written Math.
- Identify - Visual questions. Includes Shadow Shift, Get in Shape, and Matchmaker.