During her introduction, the Bacoon will have her shell closed. When she notices that Fox McCloud has come near where she is stationed, the Bacoon will open the shell and glare at the Blue Marine menacingly. She then closes the shell on herself, which protects her from attack.
Phases 1 & 2
During phase 1, the Bacoon will slowly open her shell to attack. Fox and his teammates have to destroy one of the tendons holding her shell. She will attack with Pearls that can explode, dealing massive damage. She can also fire weird serpentine creatures from the barnacles that top the shell. However, those barnacles can be destoryed, their detonation yielding 4 points per barnacle (the +3 that is shown and the general 1 for destroying an enemy unit). Once she loses one tendon, the Bacoon will hastily close the shell on herself for protection, leading to phase 2.
The second phase is largely the same, except Fox and his teammates must destroy the other tendon. This done, the shell collapses, leading to the Bacoon's final phase.
During the final phase, the Bacoon's central eye will be the next target. However, she, in a rage, will counter with pearl bomb waves. Fox and his friends must destroy the cover protecting the Bacoon's eye and then strike it with a torpedo to damage her. Once she takes five torpedoes to the central eye, the Bacoon dies, allowing procession to the next stage.
- In the cominc, the Bacoon is simply referred to as "a bacoon", meaning she was not the only Bacoon to be found on the planet.
- The guide explains that the Bacoon had existed before Andross's time, which may mean she was brought under his control in order for her to be one of his lieutennants.
- She and the Vulcain share their boss description: Bioweapon.
Names in Other Languages
- Japanese: Bakūn
- Spanish: La Bacúns (Third declension I-stem, base Bacun-)
- French: La Bacoun
- Portuguese: La Bacuns (Irregular third declension, base Bacun- (Accusative singular Bacuem))
- Italian: La Baccuno (Fourth declension)
- Latin: Bacūns (Third declension I-stem, base Bacunt-)