Arika is a video game developer founded in 1995 by former Capcom employees in Japan. Their first title on a Nintendo system was the Capcom published GameCube game Mega Man Network Transmission. They would later collaborate with Nintendo to develop Endless Ocean and its sequel, Endless Ocean 2, for the Wii. The games are considered the successors to the PlayStation 2 exclusive Everblue series. In addition to co-developing the Nintendo 3DS AR Games package alongside HAL Laboratory, Arika later worked on more recent Dr. Mario games starting with the WiiWare game Dr. Mario Online Rx and its DSiWare counterpart Dr. Mario Express. In 2019, they created Tetris 99.
The company was founded in 1995 after Ryo Nishitani left Capcom. Before leaving, he had worked on various Street Fighter games and the Final Fight series. The first games he made at Arika were the Street Fighter EX games, which combined the fighting styles of both the mainline Street Fighter games and its Alpha/Zero subseries. They also worked on the Tetris: The Grand Master games, a series of incredibly hard arcade versions of Tetris.
They started working directly with Nintendo in 2007 with Endless Ocean. Due to their experience working on Tetris: The Grand Master, they were entrusted with the Dr. Mario series and more recently development of Tetris 99.
Tekken 3D Prime Edition was their first return to the fighting genre after 2005, and were rumored at several points to have been making a new Street Fighter EX game. This would later be revealed to be Fighting EX Layer, a spiritual successor released in 2018.
- Mega Man Network Transmission - GameCube
- Tsubasa Chronicle - Nintendo DS
- Tsubasa Chronicle Vol. 2 - Nintendo DS
- Endless Ocean (Forever Blue in Japan) - Wii
- Dr. Mario Online Rx - Wii (WiiWare)
- Ketsui Death Label - Nintendo DS
- Dr. Mario Express - Nintendo DSi (DSiWare)
- Endless Ocean: Blue World - Wii
- Metal Torrent - Nintendo DS (DSiWare)
- 3D Classics Series - Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo eShop)
- Bust-A-Move Universe- Nintendo 3DS
- Tekken 3D Prime Edition - Nintendo 3DS
- Kuma Tomo - Nintendo 3DS
- Dr. Luigi - Wii U (eShop)
- Tetris 99 - Nintendo Switch